Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Virtual U.S. Open Qualifier Winner Announced, and more...

Fri, Nov 26 2021 12:50 PM (192 replies)
  • JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 1:22 PM

ajs55man:

Well I certainly won't bother entering. It does seem you don't have to put much effort in....just hit calc and ruler and hey presto birdie.....

speak for yourself.  many players dont use a single thing.  work on your game and worry about yourself.  some people play by feel.  some with rulers and wind calculators.  at the end of the day you have to put the ball in the hole still.  I take pride in shooting well just off memory and feel.

• mrwalleyz
    792 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 1:54 PM

Well said brother!

That "feel" could be considered as an organic internal calculation of 4 factors or more...most being memory driven. I'd almost bet that the accomplished "feel" player has a higher ceiling in this game than the player driven by charts and graphs ...

Cheers and the best to you and Ranger.

Mark

• kipdog87
    2,046 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2019 9:28 AM

I know that i will never be one of the " Golden boys or girls " , but i have got to being a T/C just on just using my brain, eye and finger . I just wonder how good i could be if all three could work together .LoL

Mick

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 12:26 PM

Not sure if I am in the right thread as this seems like an old one but can anyone help me understand why I am unable to open the 

USGA Virtual Open

2018 Virtual U.S. Open Course

I just get the screen that would normally open to play a game but it hangs up and never goes to the game.

Thanks,

Tim

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 12:28 PM

Just to clarify I am talking about the 2020 Lexus USGA Open even though it shows as the 2018 course.  I am able to play it on my I-pad but not me PC.

Tim

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 3:47 AM

Bushbeater4:

Just to clarify I am talking about the 2020 Lexus USGA Open even though it shows as the 2018 course.  I am able to play it on my I-pad but not me PC.

Tim

Like i said in the other thread you might try a different browser or a different version of flash, But if you go to Steam and download the new Desktop version it works on that too, 

• mymanpayne
    6,136 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 7:20 PM

I put a video on your wall for another way to try and get the game to load. Good luck!

• TerryN1013
    109 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 9:37 AM

Based on the recent Country Club Clash I received this notice: 

Course Builder Currency: 1

2 WGT Country Club Passes

Where are these?  How do I access them?  I can't find them on my Country Club page.  This is the second time we hav e"won" but I can't find my prizes.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 1:12 AM

U can find this course builder when u open the cc tournaments. Owners and directors allowed to open cc tournaments can build a custom course tournament in the cc.. And of course u will find the last builder u won last time too.  Just to let u know, a cc course builder is a tournament where u can select every single hole from every available course on wgt.

• MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 11:32 AM

JSmithers:

ajs55man:

Well I certainly won't bother entering. It does seem you don't have to put much effort in....just hit calc and ruler and hey presto birdie.....

speak for yourself.  many players dont use a single thing.  work on your game and worry about yourself.  some people play by feel.  some with rulers and wind calculators.  at the end of the day you have to put the ball in the hole still.  I take pride in shooting well just off memory and feel.

Good for you JSmithers!

Muscle memory until no more for me! I don’t care who uses what. I don’t use Putter Pal or Shot Pal, but I don’t care who does. I have hit so many balls that I already know every inch of my meter on every club. Rulers and calculators may help, I don’t know and don’t care if you use them or not. That just doesn’t appeal to me in terms of having fun playing this game. If it helps someone and they enjoy it then good for them. 

My criteria for playing this game is that I enjoy it. So I say you be you and I will be me and good luck on your journey all. 

RSS