Help › Forums

More customization of clubs in bag

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 26 2019 7:36 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • latemodelray
    42 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2019 7:30 AM

Allow full customization of clubs in the bag only limited to the over all total 

If someone wishes to have all putters or all drivers in the bag it should be an option 

Also sale Irons separate and allow the golfer to put together his own group of Irons where I might have a Callaway 3 Iron and a Taylor Made 7 Iron etc etc etc 

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2019 7:46 PM

I agree, would be nice to try substituting a 52 wedge for the PW as well.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2019 8:28 PM

This topic has been raised before and unfortunately the answer is no. The required re-coding would be a nightmare. 

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 7:09 AM

That makes sense, shame though, it would be nice to customize a little more.  Wish they would come out with a 2 iron as well.  I'd be interested in possibly replacing 3 wood with a good 2 iron.

• sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2019 11:56 PM

adrob2:

That makes sense, shame though, it would be nice to customize a little more.  Wish they would come out with a 2 iron as well.  I'd be interested in possibly replacing 3 wood with a good 2 iron.

understand your point but that is a "golfer" talking. In reality, if they put a 2 iron it might just look different but do the same as your current 3 wood does. Same as some people here believe they actually play Titleist balls, whereas they play a computer animated ball that bears the Titleist logo by clicking a mouse :-) ... I play golf in real life too, but try to remember that when I sit at my laptop it really is just a computer programmed game . ... 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 11:12 AM

sky0diver:

adrob2:

understand your point but that is a "golfer" talking. In reality, if they put a 2 iron it might just look different but do the same as your current 3 wood does. Same as some people here believe they actually play Titleist balls, whereas they play a computer animated ball that bears the Titleist logo by clicking a mouse :-) ... I play golf in real life too, but try to remember that when I sit at my laptop it really is just a computer programmed game . ... 

Exactly.  This whole game is virtual, and equipment performance is defined with bits and bytes!  I would not care if all the equipment and balls were nameless and we just knew their attributes!

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 12:15 PM

I wish there were a 1 iron. Just once in my life, I'd like to be able to say that I hit a 1 iron. And that I hit it well! 

After all, we all know: only God can hit a 1 iron. :-) 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 1:19 PM

German golfers believe that a 1 iron is a protection against lightning - hold it high during a tempest because even god can't hit it!

(but I once knew an Englishman who hit a beautiful driving iron 1)

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 2:01 PM

Robert1893:

I wish there were a 1 iron. Just once in my life, I'd like to be able to say that I hit a 1 iron. And that I hit it well! 

After all, we all know: only God can hit a 1 iron. :-) 

Just once?? I carry a TaylorMade Tour Preferred TD 1 Iron that I found in our local Goodwill store for $1.00 and I have had a 1 Iron for most of my 60 years of playing golf.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 2:30 PM

borntobesting:

I carry a TaylorMade Tour Preferred TD 1 Iron that I found in our local Goodwill store for $1.00 and I have had a 1 Iron for most of my 60 years of playing golf.

Fair comment.  But can you actually hit one?  Anyone can have a club in their bag for show...  ;-)

(just funnin' ya' BTBS....I'll assume that you wouldn't carry it around for most of 60 years if it was nothing but dead weight.)

• PAGES
RSS