Help › Forums

Re: Level 33 Callaway Users

Fri, Jan 31 2020 11:10 PM (20 replies)
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 12:09 PM

TopShelf2010:
    different ball that would give me a slower meter

I don't remember who, but early on, someone posited that the PCEA version ignores meter speed attributes of equipment. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 1:29 PM

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 9:06 PM

JimbeauC:

TopShelf2010:
    different ball that would give me a slower meter

I don't remember who, but early on, someone posited that the PCEA version ignores meter speed attributes of equipment. 

Keyword: posited. Whoever said that was just talking out of their ass. 

• DRAGONFIRESr
    229 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 9:36 PM

As far as I can tell, the perceived faster meter, on the new "PCEA" version is due  to it  being a slightly lager meter, when compared to the flash version.

It still takes the same time to cross, even with the meter being wider, so it feels faster.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 11:52 AM

DRAGONFIRESr:
    the meter being wider - feels faster

Makes good sense. 

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 1:03 PM

Trying a browser called "Brave", only use it for WGT and i ding more shots now. There might be something about the meter with the Cally L33`s after all.

Bjorn

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 1:17 PM

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 8:54 PM

I used the lvl 33 Callies until I started regularly entering paid tournies around lvl 70.

IMHO the lvl 33s are the best value ball on WGT for players not competing regularly in paid tournaments.

As to your request for input regarding varying meter speeds using the same ball, the meter speed varies no matter which ball is used, even during a single round.

Times when one has a clutch putt or approach and the meter decides to smoke crack is frustrating, but appears to be programmed as part of normal play.

I've been mostly using the lvl61 Nikes and now the same lvl TMs and went a long period using the lvl48 Nikes. Both these balls displayed the same propensity to either randomly slow down or speed up.

Just as some holes, mostly par 3s are more sensitive to an off ding shot than others, meter speed also varies. However, unlike the variance of sensitivity on some holes to off ding shots which doesn't vary, meter speed variation is random.

Don't ask me why because I don't know.

Mike

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 11:30 PM

Or it`s just a browser thing, different browsers work differently with this game.Just a thought.

Bjorn

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 7:44 AM

just play a few practice holes with the starter ball then switch back to the L33.  Should give the feeling of a slower meter again.   For how long, who knows?  ;-)

Then again, I haven't played much lately so there's that too.  LOL

RSS