Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New fonts are terrible

Mon, Feb 3 2020 9:39 AM (27 replies)
  • fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 12:12 PM

Apparently there was an update, and I will be the first to state: the new fonts are TERRIBLE! Stop fixing things that aren’t broken! Why do you people not focus on the more important aspects of the game that actually need fixing? Why do you keep messing with the graphics?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 12:16 PM

Fonts? What fonts? Was there an update?! Didn't even know. LOL

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 1:31 PM
    No update on iOS atm
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 1:40 PM

Chill guys..they’re trying to improve the game, let them do their work. 

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 1:47 PM

SlickHunter:

Chill guys..they’re trying to improve the game, let them do their work. 

Do you even know what you’re talking about? The new texts are smaller and harder to read. The old texts used to be bold.  I don’t know how they look on the stand alone but gosh, on mobile it’s just messed up. Improving the game? What a ridiculous thing to say. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 3:32 PM

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 3:48 PM

I don’t think the change is that big of a deal. If it hadn’t been for this thread, I doubt I would have even noticed the difference or having noticed it thought much of it. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 3:54 PM

OK, Andy... I see what you mean. I just updated the app and played a practice round on it. It's like now they're using Arial Narrow instead of Arial. Trying to improve the game, huh? LMAO

The font they gotta replace though is the one that appears in the middle of the screen after each shot such as 'for birdie', 'par', 'bogey', etc. It's fugly as hell!

WGT did WGT stuff, nothing surprising. LOL Oh, boy...

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 4:19 PM

Robert1893:

I don’t think the change is that big of a deal. If it hadn’t been for this thread, I doubt I would have even noticed the difference or having noticed it thought much of it. 

Not a big deal? Unless you have Lasik vision, which I don’t, it’s a big deal because the texts are harder to read now, and quite frankly, they look ugly. The BIRDIE, EAGLE, etc texts look nicer, but it’s the only positive thing about this change. 

Simon, I suspect this change is catered toward the PCEA version; weren’t there a lot of complaints back then about how the screen, and everything, looks too big? Unfortunately the smaller they made things, the worse it look for us EXCLUSIVELY MOBILE players. Sorry I had to shout, but you understand my point.  

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 4:21 PM

fobby1980:
    Not a big deal? Unless you have Lasik vision, which I don’t,

At best, in one eye, my corrected vision is 20/50. The other eye is probably 20/30. 

RSS