skip nav

Forums

Re: Match play challenge be aware of the % fee that wgt take

Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:20 PM by cobra4. 10 replies.
  • cobra4 United Kingdom
    359 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:34 PM

I have won 2 matchplay challenge games today. The 1st one was for 200 credits, less the 10% that wgt take for hosting the game, thus leaving 180 credits to the winner.

This is not the case, wgt actually took 20% off for hosting the game, in which i actually only recieved 160 credits for my win. 2nd game i played for 100 credits less 10% for wgt for hosting the game , leaving 90 credits to the winner. I won the game but only recieved 80 credits for my win. I have sent an e.mail to wgt asking for my credits back, and they can see for them selves it is wrong.

I am putting this in here so everyone else checks that they havn't been done by wgt like i have today. So keep a close check on your winnings everyone, this is begining to piss me off now what wgt are doing , nothing seems to be right with this game, you cant even trust them with your money  now ..... Not good at all.

Any one else noticed this ?

Digg
    Delicious
  • birdwell United States
    561 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 2:24 PM

OK for the ump-teenth time....

the rules and the rake are clearly stated. WGT takes %10 from each player.

When you play for 100cr, 10cr are charged to each player as a fee for playing the game. winner wins 90cr from the loser. The winner therefore effectivly nets 80cr... 90 cr - the 10 cr he/she was charged by wgt for hosting the game.

You are incorrect in saying that WGT shorted you, according to the terms you agreed to in playing the game....

But if you want to complain about the 10% rake (5% would seem fair imo) and/or the minimum bet of 100cr (should be less!) .....

go right ahead!! I'm Behind you 100%

Digg
    Delicious
  • SweetiePie United States
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 2:24 PM
    It is true. 10% + 10%= 20%. What else is true is that recieved is wrong, received is right.
    Digg
    Delicious
  • blackmarlin United States
    4 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 2:32 PM

I played two match play challenges on Nov.26.The first my opponent quit for 100 credits,the second i won for another 100 credits.i started with 175 and now i have 255 when i should have 335.i've written twice with no reply.Anyone one else come across this problem.

Digg
    Delicious
  • birdwell United States
    561 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 2:45 PM

Wow...

Ok would someone with something other than a Fine Arts degree (that's me!) please explain to these guys their error? Maybe some accountant or something.....

Digg
    Delicious
    4 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 2:58 PM

where is my error?did not get credit for a game i won

Digg
    Delicious
  • birdwell United States
    561 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 3:02 PM

blackmarlin:

I played two match play challenges on Nov.26.The first my opponent quit for 100 credits,the second i won for another 100 credits.i started with 175 and now i have 255 when i should have 335.i've written twice with no reply.Anyone one else come across this problem.

oh. reread this one...sorry.

Are you sure the first match (where your opponet quit) wasn't dropped? Or was the bet declined... and you tee off anyway unawares?

*edit* was posting this at the same time you were, I had made the assumption you were basically saying the same thing a number of others have...

* birdwell puts foot  in mouth.

Digg
    Delicious
    4 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 3:05 PM

sure it wasn't dropped.we agreed to 100 and he quit thru 7 holes and he was up in the match.

Digg
    Delicious
  • nivlac United States
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 4:44 PM

cobra4:
    2nd game i played for 100 credits less 10% for wgt for hosting the game , leaving 90 credits to the winner. I won the game but only recieved 80 credits for my win. I have sent an e.mail to wgt asking for my credits back, and they can see for them selves it is wrong.

I promise they are not over-charging you on rake cobra.  80 credits is actually correct in that instance.

Let's say you have 500 credits and you match up with someone for 100 credits. If you started with 500 and then won 90, you should then have 590, right?  Nope!  That's not the case and here is the math (and explanations) to prove it....

First off, let's establish that the smallest game you can play on WGT is for 180 credits.  That is a 100 credit minimum bet from both players minus a 10% fee on both sides.  So now that we know that, let's take a look at what happens.

Assume you have a 500 credit bankroll and let's watch your totals as they change:

You find a match and offer a bet of 100, so 90 credits of yours go into the pot along with 90 credits from your opponent.  The other 10 of your credits are deducted for a fee so...

• 500 - 90(net stake) - 10 (fee) = 400

At this point the wager has been made, fees have been assessed and there are 180 credits in the pot.  The important thing to remember here is that win or lose you will not receive your FEE back. The confusion sets in here because players are forgetting that if they win, they will only retain 90 credits out of their original 100 credit stake.

So now the match is over and you've won. Let's add in the winnings in 2 separate steps for the purpose of clarity. 

First, we add your 90 credits back into your total (not 100) because the 10 credit fee you paid is already gone. So...

• 400 + 90 (your net stake after fee) = 490

And now you receive the other player's 90 credits for winning the match...

• 490 + 90 (opponent's net stake after fee) = 580

The fact that the scorecard says the winner takes 90 credits is not helping matters any because it's easy to forget you paid a fee as well and cannot recover 100% of what you bet.  The scorecard should say that the pot is 180 credits and it should be left up to the users to realize that 100 of those 180 credits in the pot are what you paid to start the match in the first place.  Since you paid in 100 and there are 180 available to win that means that you can only net 80 more.

Hopefully this can dispel any further confusions regarding this issue.

Digg
    Delicious
  • jimjam114 Australia
    68 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 6:49 PM
    this was put way more simplisticly than needed if u cant comprehend this then dont bet on match play as game designers have more to do with this game then worry about these rediculous non issues all in all 100credts 10 cents people if u can afford the internet i dont think 10 or 20 cents is going to break the bank when all in all the game is free can u put a price on the enjoyment that it brings u if ur going to cmplain make it worthy please free games of this quality are rare just enjoy thx JIMJAM114
    Digg
    Delicious
RSS