Forums

Help › Forums

Our Plans for New Tiers and Levels

Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:21 AM (313 replies)
  • Iceats
    346 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:22 PM

Richard -

Well let me see what I can do to answer your inquiry - the first comment clearly states in summary - players keep their averages up on purpose and the 2nd comment clearly states that those players should not be rewarded for that type of conduct.

Richard4168:

It doesn't make sense.  

Sure it does if you read with an open mind.

Richard4168:

This idea has been a long time coming, and as usual, you WGTLS people don't like it.

Is it that difficult for you to make a point without such garbage as this ?  What does the fact that I played on WGTLS have to do with this ?  Wow, really reaching out there.  I am not speaking for WGTLS or it's players, I am speaking as a Master tier WGT player.  Just because an idea has been a long time coming doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Richard4168:
    I'm full aware of all of your examples you wish to share with WGT too.

Then you should be one of the ones which thinks giving someone the opportunity for the best equipment should be reserved for those with the best averages.  And not to people who keep their averages high on purpose but who have good LEVELS.  Since there is no fix for those keeping their averages high, why reward them.

Richard4168:
    this new tier and level performance system will somewhat subside quitting 

The new tier system will do NOTHING to subside quitting.  The new LEVEL system I think is a good idea as I said in my post, which you obviously overlooked.

As a matter of fact I said  "All of the changes seem to be in the right direction except making better equipment available to lower tiers"

Maybe you just didn't catch that

Richard4168:
    your agenda supersedes your cause. WGT has introduced a cure to many problems with this new system, not the other way around.

Talking about something not making any sense.  I don't have an agenda, I simple provided my comments to the original post.  PERIOD

Richard4168:
    WGTalex, this is a remarkable addition to he game. The ideas WGT has decided on here will make sandbagging all but dissapear. If a player keeps holding at the same level, there can be no advancement in levels to unlock new equipment.

Let me say that it would appear that as long as you are a good social player, complete games, and interact with WGT you then gain an advantage in the competitions for money and prizes, hmmm maybe someone will create a new account, play terrible, have many friends, and complete terrible rounds and obtain the very best equipment play from the RED tees and win all the tournaments - some may think that is a good idea, I DON'T

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:34 PM

RE Ready-Gos: I think AvLee and Bollie raise a tough point on the RG tournaments. I think in general, good players win no matter what tee they are playing from. Right now, I think the balance tilts way too far in favor of the "Legend" Tier Masters. Not sure how this new proposal will play out, but as AvLee says, it might go too far in the other direction. Here were some thoughts and suggestions that others came up with on this topic.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/17283/109824.aspx#109824

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:42 PM

Please refrain from personal attacks and let's keep this constructive.

Regarding ready-gos, our thinking is that the changes would help level the playing field and reduce score inflation. A player with artificially inflated scores and  good equipment who places well in ready-goes is going to see his average drop to a level more in line with his skills, and find it more difficult to mask their true skill level.

There will always be people who will try to game the system. We plan to have checks and balances built into the system to minimize this.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:45 PM

Richard, your example was for Multiple Player games, which is one type of game play.  Now lets add the rest of them in and figure where the problem is.  Multiplayer games like MPC involve a player waging their own credits against others.  Sandbaggers are a problem.  Now you are going to have sandbaggers with the best equipment. 

Look at all the types of games like Ready Go's and Premium Tourneys, I have worked to get my average low, I never quit multiplayers games, I practice, I play with better players, because of that I have quite a few RG's victories.  Because of those efforts I "EARNED" my way to master tier, never fearing it, only accepting as where I wanted to be and have been rewarded with that effort with master clubs.  Now you are going to have stinking Pro's (no offense to all Pro's) who play as much or more then me, but somehow have not progressed in the game, with the same equipment as me playing from shorter tees.  How is that fair or how is that an agenda?

How does this stop quitting?  The quitters will suck it up for a month, gain levels, get the better equipment and then start quitting again.  Its a short term solution to quitting.  Its a nice idea, but it leaves the door way more open sandbagging, which is a larger concern to me then quitters.  Afterall, dont you have a friends list that you play with that you have compiled from playing games with non-quitters?  Go play with them.

And believe me you cannot obtain the equipment as soon as the pro's do, you will never be fitted like a pro is fitted, and unless you are rich and have friends in Japan, you can't get the shafts they have.

BTW, i dont play on the ladder site.

• Iceats
    346 Posts

WGTalex, I agree with you and the assumption that a players ave will drop as they play well in ready-gos, however, please take note that many players have that happen and then turn around and shoot a very high ranked round to counteract that. 

It happens now and I certainly do not see anything in the proposed changes to alter that.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts

Alex .. i agree with you ... a player who places well in RG's will see their avg drop ... IF and only IF .. averages are based on tournament play.   Has any thought been given to making averages only count from tournament play and not regular "ranked rounds" ???   I'm sure there are a lot of +'s and -'s to this .. but it might prevent those 90 for 9 hole and 180 for 18 hole scores from counting in averages.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:50 PM

WGTalex:

SKILL TIERS

Tiers will continue to be based on your scores and used to determine who you compete against in tournaments and match play.

OK. So exactly what will produce change? This is current.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:50 PM

alex, I dont know how someone is going to gain levels, but if it involves number of ranked rounds, then somebody doing as Iceats described can actually gain levels from bagging a few ranked rounds. 

I just dont like the idea of anyone not of the tier obtaining Master tier equipment, especially if I am playing Kiawah at soon to be 7700 yards, and they are at 6900 yards. 

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:51 PM

a very good point lvietri certainly worth consideration

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:54 PM

Whatever, this is a good idea people and you don't need to be picking it a part like most people do when WGT tries to implement good ideas for the game.

Boy I tell ya, that saying is true. You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time. Give the new idea a chance to be implemented people before picking it apart. What's wrong with you people?

RSS