Re: Bit belated Hi from a newbie

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 28 2011 12:29 PM (5 replies)
  • micklen
    221 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 6:35 AM

Hi there all of you

Been here 3 days now and enjoying it

My online golf grounding is from Links, ever since it appeared, so as you can see I am getting on a bit ;-)

I have dabbled with TW but play it more on the Wii than the PC

I am a member of Shot Online but it looks like I will prefer it a lot more here as you use real courses rather than fictional and the swing seems a little more realistic

So I have been playing golf on the computer quite a while but unfortunately I am not very good at a click stroke, which basically this is

Any little tips on how to hit that line regularly will go a long way

I have got to amateur fairly quickly but would like to know how it is you gain improvements in gameplay

Is it totally a club thing or can you hit the ball further the higher level you are ??

Also I got to practice more putting and chipping as I am absolute **** at the moment, is there an easy way where you can just practice one stroke, or is that something possibly up and coming

Great game though and all thanks to WGT :-)

PS.  Any emoticons anywhere??

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 11:08 AM

Lots of questions... let me see what I can do here....

micklen:

So I have been playing golf on the computer quite a while but unfortunately I am not very good at a click stroke, which basically this is

Any little tips on how to hit that line regularly will go a long way

Practice practice practice....

There is some equipment you can buy (clubs, balls, etc) that will slow down the meter, but the balls wear out and the clubs will just get confusing.  My advice to get better is again.. practice round after round after round. 

micklen:
    Is it totally a club thing or can you hit the ball further the higher level you are ??

With the same equipment, and the same conditions, an Amatuer and a Master hit the ball the exact same distance.  So, yea,... it's an equipment thing.

micklen:
    Also I got to practice more putting and chipping as I am absolute **** at the moment, is there an easy way where you can just practice one stroke, or is that something possibly up and coming

No.  There is a workaround where you can use all available shots on a practice round that doesn't count toward your average... but at this moment, there isn't really a way to practice a single stroke over and over.

You may want to read up on the Putting and Chipping guides written by some of the best players.  Look over in the FAQs under "Putting Tips" and "Chip and Pitch Tips".

micklen:
    PS.  Any emoticons anywhere??

The (recently promoted to Master) Faterson has put together a great guide to forum message / thread manipulation here.  A lot of very good information if you wish to add a bit of flair to your messages.

Whew!  Hope this helps!  Lots of good people here to help with anything on your way to a great online golf experience.

Enjoy your stay!

Peace                                         

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 11:17 AM

Oh you are the man Snaike

Thanks a lot for the info and the links

Playing powerstroke in Links I understand practice practice practice 

I just wish I could get better at clicking

It's costing me so many putts at the moment

Anyway thanks again and mebbe one day when I have got it together I can see about getting a few matchplay rounds going

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 4:52 AM

Welcome to the site. A Gaming mouse would help to hitting that sweet spot more.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 11:18 AM

I actually have a Razer Deathadder

It's not the mouse it's my feeble brain and unresponsive fingers  :-((

I don't know why I am no good at a click swing but i'm not

Hopefully it will come eventually as it is a totally different type of swing to all the other golf sims I have played

I got fairly good at Shot Online and that is a click swing

I would keep my fingers crossed but that won't help with the swing at all  ;-))

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2011 12:29 PM

I got a razer deathadder mouse as well.

does anyone know the best settings to have it on, as I don't understand what dpi, polling, and x y sensitivity is all about.

Like the way it glows in the dark tho :-)

RSS