Forums

Help › Forums

Re: challenge

Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:33 PM (9 replies)
  • GJLanger
    5 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 5:31 PM

I would like to see tournaments based upon how much money you have spent to upgrade your equipment. Someone like myself who plays with starter irons and wedges and balls is at a distinct disadvantage to someone who LIVES on the site and constantly spends money for upgrades. Unless, of course, those who dominate because of equipment and rounds played are afraid of us, those who have never paid a dollar at the clubhouse. Meow.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 5:36 AM

There is a CC out there for only starter clubs... I forget the name but it would be a good one to join if you aren't going to upgrade.  You can play their credit CC tourneys and have a more level playing field.

Good luck!

• GIMMMEEE
    224 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 6:11 AM

cycle1979:

There is a CC out there for only starter clubs... I forget the name but it would be a good one to join if you aren't going to upgrade.  You can play their credit CC tourneys and have a more level playing field.

Good luck!

I must say that is a fine n courteous reply to what I took as a smart ass swipe at people who want to support this game n progress to better enjoyment from it too.. .. well played 'Cycle'....        p.s  I think our whinger has woods n a putter purchased from the 'clubhouse'..???

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 7:19 AM

The club is called "Starters Only".  Go to the Country Club section and search for it.  It sounds like you'd be a good fit.... unless of course you have non-starter clubs... I haven't taken the time to check....

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 7:26 PM

I seriously doubt the ones who "dominate" have to rely on equipment nearly as much as the rest of us.

Since wgt is here for one reason and one reason only, which is to make bushels of money and your type of playing doesn't add to their coffers, I wouldn't expect much sympathy. 

Also, my starters are in my bag and although I not proficient at this, I'll play you anytime you wish. Don't care if you are a newbie or a Legend, bring it on!

I actually thought the OP made a good point until he thought it prudent to slur everyone who doesn't do it his way. He then made it personal to all.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:33 PM

Quite a treble: Frugal, stupid & bitter.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:51 PM

Rzbk:
    I actually thought the OP made a good point until he thought it prudent to slur everyone who doesn't do it his way. He then made it personal to all.

Dang,

Now I have respect for your post.

Well said!

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:39 PM

Smiling as I reply.

Thank you very much.

I'm sure I am as surprised at seeing this as you were writing it. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:42 AM

Words written were true, be well!

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 6:06 AM

Hmmm... If you haven't paid a dollar at the clubhouse how did you aquire the Ping G10, Ping 2020 Rapture V2 3W, Ping K15 hybred & TM Daytona putter? Did the tooth fairy mysteriously drop those in your bag one night or did you do like the rest of us and go BUY them at the pro shop?

IMO you can play  well with starter irons and wedges but I'll bet you wouldn't have made Master without BUYING the other clubs to be able to reach the greens and putt better. The guys I've met that dominate isn't so much because of their clubs but because they play & practice a lot, just like you.

RSS