Forums

Help › Forums

Re: newbie

Sun, Apr 29 2012 2:27 PM (6 replies)
  • leeguy1973
    2 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 1:42 PM

Hi guys brand new to this so any advice taken regarding how to improve and how to earn credits as i would like some better clubs which i presume give an advantage cheers all.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 9:01 PM

Just keep practising. And welcome.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 9:44 PM

In truth, if you learn to play well with the free stuff, believe it or not, the incremental upgrades will only enhance your overall grasp of the WGT game.

• Percious
    6 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 11:59 PM

No. You cannot keep practising. As a new sign up I have just found out that you must compete and be rated even if you have never hit a ball.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2012 1:00 AM

Welcome. The more games you play the better you will get. Looking at your recent scores, they are very good. 

I would say don't purchase any new clubs at the moment and wait till you're on a higher Level. The Higher Level you are the better clubs you can get and if you play often, it won't take you long to go through the Levels.

Good Luck

Roger

• marks84
    184 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2012 9:56 AM
    Welcome to hell (errrr.. WGT). Now run away from this site as fast as you can... :) :) As far as earning credits goes... you can earn 7 per day by watching the videos. Some of the offers are also good (I think.. have seen some complaints tho.. so be careful). As for buying new equipment, I would suggest waiting until you get in the mid-30"s, level-wise, which is when the better lower level equipment starts to become available. If/when you do buy equipment, try to buy the gear that will take you into the upper levels/tiers (you can get lots of good advice from the forums, friends, CC members, etc.. Again, welcome to WGT... best of luck.
  • singingjesus
    152 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2012 2:27 PM

Percious:

No. You cannot keep practising. As a new sign up I have just found out that you must compete and be rated even if you have never hit a ball.

Not true. You can play practice rounds. In the game client, pick see all courses, pick a course, pick stroke play, under the game mode click the left or right arrow and it will say 'practice'. This game will not show in your stats or score history, just as tho' you'd never played it, practice.

sj

RSS