Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Single play on CTTH Challenges

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 6 2010 12:50 PM (7 replies)
  • andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:18 PM
    Generally speaking my position on the Closest the Hole challenges is determined by how often I play them - given that we have single plays on the strokeplay - why not on the closest the holes as well in addition to the unlimited gos?
  • TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 9:16 PM

I can't think of why not! 

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:30 PM

Hey WGT community,

Sound off and let us know what you think!  Are you guys interested in a Single Play CTTH?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:57 PM

Great idea.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:31 PM

Yes!!

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:31 PM

Definitely, of course just one or two and most should probably still be unlimited.

-----------------------

I have been thinking too about how many people are complaining they can't compete, etc (and I have done so a few times in the past myself). 

Some handicap tourneys will help in this regard, once handicaps gets implemented, also one more tier for the top Masters as well (and crack down on Pro sandbaggers for the sake of the Pro tiers).

What I also think, is once someone reaches a certain "earning level", they are no longer able to play the free tourneys, or at least get excluded from half of them. 

Sorry guys, some of you are my friends but this makes perfect sense.  Its a rich get richer payout scheme around here and the rest are left with the scraps of like 1 credit winnings, if the same people are cleaning up in the paid tourneys, they have tons of credits already, thus dont need to be entering free tourney's.   I mean most people don't stand a chance in the free ones, does it really make sense to have the same 20 people at the top of the leader boards every time when they already have piles of credits?

Free tourneys really should be left to those that are not at the top of their game, give them a chance to compete with others in the same boat, there are many very good players, have practiced a ton yet they are not in the same league as the top 1%.  I consider myself a pretty decent player and I had NO chance at Pro level in almost all touneys and pretty much same goes now at Master except for Andy's, and Andy's is because I focused here exclusively now and its the newest course, so I have a chance relatively speaking and hope to get into a RG soon, since this is the main source of credits here anyway.  

I am getting closer to the RG's and once I do, and hopefully start having some success, really why would I need to play the free tourneys, the only reason is to compete, to have fun seeing how close I can get to the top.  As long as there are an adequate number of tourneys around I can go in (especially RG's), that is the main thing I think, maybe half the free tourneys should be restricted by earning level.

The other thing here is the state restrictions, those poor people have to able to play the free ones since that is ALL they can do, which is a travesty in itself.

My 2 cents

• fcampisano
    19 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:20 AM
    Agreed, 60 and below masters should be in a separate tier.
  • andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2010 12:50 PM

any plans to do a single play?

I would have thought it was the perfect opportunity to do it on the Open /US Open CTTH's - top 156 go through to a single play CTTH for all the marbles?

RSS