Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Newbie purchasing question

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 16 2012 11:16 PM (3 replies)
  • Orion250
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 9:55 PM

Just a couple of days into this...Haven't spent any money but have earned some credits with survey and video watching.  Problem is I can't seem to find a way to purchase any items in the pro shop.  Is there something that needs to activated or toggled to allow this or is it only "purchased" credits that can be spent here?

Thanks for any help

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 10:01 AM

hi

I think 2 things have to be done.

1. you have to redeem those credits to ours (it should say credits # on top left corner) if it does ignore.

2. I think we require billing address to be valid as well, it will also set your country flag.

if it still does not work after, try another browser. in some browsers, especially older versions, the javascript may encounter compatibility issues.

-wgticon

• Orion250
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 7:13 PM

Ok so I've tried 2 other browsers and this one I'm on right now. 

This one still won't let me purchase " gives me no purchase icon" I purchased 2000 credits to see if that would give me a prompt... no dice

Second one The screen pops up but then says it can't connect for some reason

Third one doesn't let me sign in... no log in prompts.  Funny it shows the purchase icon but obviously if I can't get to my account I don't have credits to use.  I'd do that and gift the items but I'm not prepared to spend more dollars until I can get this working. 

Yes the browsers are old and that might well be the issue but 3 out of 3?  I'll keep plugging away hard to get my scores down with starter equipment.

thanks for any input

• bblackh1
    159 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 11:16 PM

I completely understand because I am in the same boat.

In this game, it is very important to have the latest

browser/flash combination available for the platform.

I am playing constantly on older machines, and that

issue is the main problem.  If you have WIn2000 or 

later, download Firefox 12 or Opera 10 and load at

least Flash 10.1.102.64. (which is the only one available for

Win2000)  If you have a Powerbook, download

Firefox 3.6.28 (which is the latest supported browser

for Motorola PPC) or Opera 10 and flash 10.  If your

machine is less than a Pentium 4 or PowerPC G4,

it is probably better to go to another "stronger" machine

that you have with a better video card and more memory .

bblackh1

RSS