Help › Forums

Re: Grhhhhhhhhh

Sun, May 6 2012 1:36 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 8:28 AM

russellie:

O.K I get it so it's not advisable to post a score less than 6 under ??

Bad move. Post everything and you'll get there when you're ready. This is what sandbaggers do and I know you aren't one.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 8:38 AM

YankeeJim:

russellie:

O.K I get it so it's not advisable to post a score less than 6 under ??

Bad move. Post everything and you'll get there when you're ready. This is what sandbaggers do and I know you aren't one.

YJ is spot on. Just play ranked rounds and stop thinking about your average. It took me a while but I learned that ignoring my average made it drop the fastest. Finishing all ranked rounds regardless of score gets you through that minimum amount of rounds the fastest.

oh... have fun too.   :)

• dacrash
    475 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 8:42 AM

russellie:

How come my scores are going up !!!!!!!!! was 65.25    played 18 hole and got 6 under and my average goes up to 65.27.

Now I am realy Psd off

To prevent sandbagging (I think) after changing tiers (you changed on 4/7/12) averages will fluctuate up and down for the first 50 rounds (looks like you have about 48).  After that your average will only go down with good games and wont be affected by bad rounds.

Two more rounds and the average will go back to what you are used to.  It will happen again at your next tier change as well.

Good job and keep swinging away.

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 8:52 AM

Thanks for all your help & advice. will keep ploding on, hope to meet you all at some time

regards

Russ

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 9:30 AM

russelie,

Enjoy the game and good luck.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 10:02 AM

Hey russ, get those 50 games in no matter what the score. When I turned TM I took a picture of my 63 avg. first game as a TM I kept a 39 and boom, my new avg was 78. Almost had a damn heart attack. It has taken me forever to get back down. Locked at 61.20, no big deal, game is telling me I am not ready for Legend yet. I understand as a Legend you have to play like 400 ranked rounds before your average stops jumping around.. Oh Billy Billy!!!!!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 12:22 PM

Players come down when they have played enough good rounds - bad rounds do not count in the end, they are kicked out. To abort lesser good rounds will not influence the tempo of the drop - except that u may start a new round sooner.

As a Legend it's not only 400 rounds but 400 fairly good rounds before a player may be content w/ his average. Hard work if u forget the fun or it!

FWIW, I seem to be stuck at 64.8 now - hard for me to play 65 or better.

Edit: save for the nice 31 on STA just after this post :)

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 1:29 PM

srellim234:
    Enjoy the game and good luck.

Amen.

Looks like a place for us TM's to lament our fates. Got my 50 under the belt last week. Sure is nice to see the numbers dropping again. At 64.64, I have a WAYS to go. 

Hang in Russ. By this time you should have seen your first drop. Slow process. Be patient.

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 1:36 AM

Thanks all .  Nice replies all appreciated

regards

Russ

• PAGES
RSS