• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 10:46 AM

stevenharkin:

nice shooting Fab

Thanks Steven!

oksymoron:

1st finished attempt after 100 restarts i guess

Well not really Oksymoron, I have a real life :) .

I played it 2-3 times last week, but always stopped before hole 9. This course is not easy (elevations + very few "flat" area on the greens).

And today it was my 3rd attempt. For the first two attempts, I was strangely short on all my approach shots and putting was off. So for my 3rd try, I used the callaways instead of nike ball and I considered the greens as very fast. Approach shots behaved then as expected (don't know why it was not OK with Nike ball) and putting was good.

Now you know, it was a great round. I could play it 10 times more, not sure I could post such a score. 55-56 is reachable, but below this you need to do a great round with good dinging and a bit of luck (the difference between a lipout and a lipin for a 15ft putt with significant break is very tiny).

But that's common here to always try to diminish results made by others. The post about Jason (Win1soon) great shooting in the US Open front 9 CTTH was sickening. I am happy he won it because that was a great score.

Regards

• stallion860
    3,312 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 11:24 AM

I shot 57 on second attempt.Probably won't get much better from me so that should put the cut at 56 maybe 55 as I always seem to be 1 or 2 off the cut line.Great 53 genorb.IMO the best golfer on the site.Good luck to all.

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 11:44 AM

Lot of really jealous people on this site, I knew the top guy's on here would chew this course up & seems I was correct,Great shooting guy's wish I was closer to you all oh well give it a couple of years & who knows hey.

GC. :-)  the other one

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 12:08 PM

genorb:

And today it was my 3rd attempt. For the first two attempts, I was strangely short on all my approach shots and putting was off. So for my 3rd try, I used the callaways instead of nike ball and I considered the greens as very fast. Approach shots behaved then as expected (don't know why it was not OK with Nike ball) and putting was good.

But that's common here to always try to diminish results made by others. The post about Jason (Win1soon) great shooting in the US Open front 9 CTTH was sickening. I am happy he won it because that was a great score.

Great 53 Fabian! That was a heck of round and Interesting that you went back to callaways for your best score.   I'm a huge fan of nikes and had just done the same ( switching back to calls) for more predictable release.

Also agree Jason shooting 24 ft in Open front ctth is just sick.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 12:14 PM

RUNWME:

Great 53 Fabian!

Thanks Don.

RUNWME:

What I meant is that in that post he was accused of cheating etc. That was sickening :) .

Regards

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 12:27 PM

genorb:

What I meant is that in that post he was accused of cheating etc. That was sickening :) .

Regards

Oh that was sickening. If they knew how he had grinded it out , took notes and applied the formulas they wouldn't have accused him.  Jason is a good fella with insane amounts of  dexterity of hand/eye coordination.  In our country club I  hosted a tourney with radio controlled helicopter as the prize.  win1soon won it  and upon getting the helicopter was buzzing the cat in no time.

He is just one of those guys with inordinate amount of talent at whatever he puts his mind to.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 12:43 PM

genorb:

RUNWME:

Great 53 Fabian!

Thanks Don.

RUNWME:

Regards

Sh..t 53 already!!?? You on steroids Fabian??!!. MInd doing my quali Fabian?, I take care of the 2 final rounds.

Must say, disappointing conditions with those very fast greens. Due to those greens, I think the cut will be 55.

Regards, Eric

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 12:51 PM

U goona put some rounds in Eric or sit on that average?     Sara

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 12:52 PM

LOLserver:
    Must say, disappointing conditions with those very fast greens. Due to those greens, I think the cut will be 55.

IMO, WGT is just setting up a killer championship. From these speeds in moderate winds to Championship speeds with heavy winds. LOL That will knock 3/4s of the field out right there in the finals.  :-D

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 1:04 PM

YankeeJim:

LOLserver:

IMO, WGT is just setting up a killer championship. From these speeds in moderate winds to Championship speeds with heavy winds. LOL That will knock 3/4s of the field out right there in the finals.  :-D

LOL Jim, that was my qualifying dream situation! championship greens & heavy winds.

Same amount of people would qualify anyways, same amount of rounds would be played anyways, BUT a 68 would the best qualifying score & the cut would be around 72!!!...eat that, a dream qualifying...just like in reality!

You right Sara, I will try my rounds as soon as I come home, I'm in the middle of a divorce  :-( & living in my house one week at the time. Well longing to play the quali in my own pc & not in my bros laptop........live su...ks sometimes :-( .

Regards, Eric

RSS