Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Will Olympic Club Course Remain

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 9 2012 3:16 PM (8 replies)
  • maruschak
    572 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 9:21 AM

My question is for the developers,.."After the completion of the US Open at the Olympic Club, will the course remain available for us to continue playing along with the others, as is St.Andrews, Kiawah, Oakmont,...etal;??"

Thanks

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 10:23 AM

That would be great ! But You wont see me out on that course too often, its killing me LOL.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 10:43 AM

maruschak:

My question is for the developers,.."After the completion of the US Open at the Olympic Club, will the course remain available for us to continue playing along with the others, as is St.Andrews, Kiawah, Oakmont,...etal;??"

Thanks

Hi

yes, it will

-wgticon

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 12:37 PM

When I open up the pop-up and click STROKE PLAY and hit right once, it shows up Olympic Club. But then extremely annoyingly, it goes to the Olympic Club course page, so I have to go back, hit Stroke Play again, then hit Invite players, and then it's fine and I can choose a course normally. Can they not make it go to the OC course page when you're just scrolling through -_-

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 1:06 PM

cpatterson22:
    Can they not make it go to the OC course page when you're just scrolling through

Don't count on it-it's part of that Championship Zone. That started with Oakmont and appears to include USGA Open courses. 

Under Explore Courses in the lower left of the game screen, click USGA Championship Zone to go there directly. You will have course choices there and if you click the arrow on the right you get to Future Courses. Take a peek at what's coming.  :-)

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 2:46 PM

Yeah I rarely do Oak due to that but Oak also doesn't show up when you just hit STROKE PLAY  and scroll through, either. So when you're trying to do the non Champ Zone courses you don't get pulled to their pages. :\ I really don't like the Champ Zone thing, it's inconvenient -.-

• lazerl
    74 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 2:50 PM

i agree and its the reason why most ppl dont play oakmont. even tho its the best course on here imo

cpatterson22:

Yeah I rarely do Oak due to that but Oak also doesn't show up when you just hit STROKE PLAY  and scroll through, either. So when you're trying to do the non Champ Zone courses you don't get pulled to their pages. :\ I really don't like the Champ Zone thing, it's inconvenient -.-

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 3:06 PM

lazerl:

i agree and its the reason why most ppl dont play oakmont. even tho its the best course on here imo

cpatterson22:

I believe it is a concession WGT has made in order to present the USGA Open courses. Essentially you must pass through a USGA Championship Zone 'gateway' to get to Olympic, CCC, & Oakmont.

Although Bethpage is also in the USGA zone, it apparently predates the software setup so you can get there directly when you select a game option, such as Stroke Play.

Looking forward, we can expect Merion in 2013, Pinehurst #2 in 2014, Chambers Bay (Washington) in 2015, Oak repeats in 2016, Erin Hills (Wisconsin) in 2017, Shinnecock Hills (Long Island, a la Beth) in 2018, and  Pebble Beach repeats in 2019. I'd sure like to see WGT negotiate putting Pebble into full play - assuming I'm still playing this addicting game then.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 3:16 PM

I played it for the first time just now.SHOT A 72.BIRDIED the last 4 hole to do that...

Imo.the fairways and greens are way to slow.

RSS