Forums

Help › Forums

Re: legend averages

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 12 2012 5:54 PM (3 replies)
  • liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 3:07 PM

i was playing a newly promoted legend at strokeplay the other night,neither of us was playing great,but he was winning.on the last green he said "i'm not going to putt out to protect my average".now he warned me so i don't have a problem with it,but is there something i don't know?  is there some advantage to having a low average as a legend? or is it just an ego thing with some people?

liam

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 5:34 PM

It's an ego thing and not at all different for Legends than for us ordinary mortals.

Other than that it may be due to a lack of knowledge.

The average of Legends is calculated from the 400 best rated Legend rounds. When a player has reached that number low scores will kick higher scores out of the calculation.

A new Legend "protects" his average for the moment by quitting but this will be void until he may enter the list of "100 best Legends".

Furtheron he may hinder his own success by being stiff instead of being relaxed during the games.

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 5:52 PM

It's an ego thing, can only be.

My ego thing comes with the fact that every round as a legend has gone in. Yes, has been hard getting it down, but it does with time. The true score.

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 5:54 PM

Or at least till 400 rr's  played

RSS