Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ball taken out of play on fairway tee shot??

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 18 2012 1:46 PM (2 replies)
  • pukiebear
    72 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 7:05 AM

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to WTG and this is my first post, so hello.  :-)   I was playing hole 7 on the St. Andrews course and hit my tee shot right in the middle of the fairway, but got a message saying that my ball had been taken out of play.  This is the 2nd time this has happened to me on this hole/course.  Does anyone know why?  It would be one thing if I hit it OB or lost it in thick rough, but that's not the case.  I'm on my last ball of a new set I purchased with what little credits I've earned so far, so I'm just trying to figure out what the deal is.  I appreciate any feedback.  

Thanks

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 9:57 AM

You're welcome, pukie!

You play custom balls, and these wear and tear (and get lost BTW).

In the low right corner of the game client, right from the ball, there is a ruler showing how much "life" your ball has. If it's over, it is taken out of the game.

The durability (sp?) is a feature of the balls, shown in the Pro Shop.

Since the custom balls are much better than the Starters w/ unlimited life, I accept this as a small green fee (mine are about 6 cr / 9 holes).

• pukiebear
    72 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 1:46 PM

I did not know that.  I guess it was just coincidence that it happened twice on the same course/hole.  Thanks for the info.

RSS