Help › Forums

Re: saving more than 10 replays...

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 4 2012 7:13 AM (9 replies)
  • Megan22
    2,115 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 6:22 PM

I'm sure this has been asked....

but I've noticed some profiles with replays saved in the 'blog' section..beyond the 10 that WGT lets you save.  How do you save these? (I use the google chrome)

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 6:36 PM

if you use the 'SHARE' function with a replay, copy the url then post the url in your blog.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 10:07 PM

I just e-mail them to myself, them label and archive them. Also if you only keep 9 on your profile page then it's easy to add one quickly from a multi-player game as you don't get long. You can name it later.

• Megan22
    2,115 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 3:38 AM

gr8flbob:

if you use the 'SHARE' function with a replay, copy the url then post the url in your blog.

Great! Thank you!

piztaker:

I just e-mail them to myself, them label and archive them. Also if you only keep 9 on your profile page then it's easy to add one quickly from a multi-player game as you don't get long. You can name it later.

Thank you....I was wondering how to re-name them =)

• Megan22
    2,115 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 3:49 AM

I saved the replay to my blog..watched it from there and it was fine so I deleted it from my 'saved replay' section.  Now when I try to re-watch the saved replay on the blog, I get a window saying "Error 1065" or something.

Did I lose my replay??  That sucks cuz it was awesome! lol

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 5:15 AM

Megan

May I first ask that you write in normal font rather than bold and italics - it's rather hard on the eyes for some of us!

With regards to replays in the blog, I have millions saved in my blog.  Ok, not millions, but lots and lots.  I think I may know where you went wrong.

I suspect you saved your replay to the Replays section on your profile, then used the Share link from there, copied it and saved it onto your blog.  Then you deleted the replay from the replay section.

The problem with that is the link that is now in your blog is to the replay which was in your replay section (now deleted) and not the one that would have been held on the WGT servers had it been done properly.

As Bob said, when you want to save a replay during a game, check the Save Replay box in the bottom left of your screen.  Then on the next screen click Share (not Save).  On the next screen click Copy.  Then go to you profile and into your blog.  Now type something in there, then click the Link button on the toolbar and paste the link into the URL.  Then when you want to watch the replay in future all you have to do is click in the link in the blog.

Hope this helps.  If not, let me know and I'll make a video of the procedure.

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 5:22 AM

It's just occured to me that if you save a replay from a multi-player game, it only gets saved to the Replays section.  You cannot then transfer it to the Blog section for the reason I gave above.

Maybe WGT can look into this and allow us to share the replay rather than just save it to the Replays section.  But rather than spend time doing all that during a multi-player game (it takes a minute or two to do!), maybe the shared replay can be saved to the Activities section and then moved to the Blog later.  The problem at the moment is that a 'saved' replay seems to be a different entity to a 'shared' replay.

• Megan22
    2,115 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 6:03 AM

Okay....I see.  So, don't save the replay to the 'save replay' section....save it directly to the blog.

I tried it and it worked....thank you so much!

If I had read that right the first time, I wouldn't have lost a replay of a 140 something yard Eagle on the dreaded BPB #15.  Oh well, live and learn lol.   I'll just have to do it again! (yeah, right)

...and sorry about the font =)

Thanks, guys, for taking the time to help me!

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 6:22 AM

Megan22:
     If I had read that right the first time, I wouldn't have lost a replay of a 140 something yard Eagle on the dreaded BPB #15.

Well, you can always watch the one I got on 12th May, my first one also! 

Glad to be of service.

• Megan22
    2,115 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 7:13 AM

I had already watched it lol

Awesome..from the rough too!

RSS