Help › Forums

Re: if i play beth page again......

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:54 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mgh221
    545 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 8:50 AM

don't forget the crappy camera angles at kiawah lol... i read this and had to laugh a bit it brought back memories of .when i avoided bethpage like the plague. now it's one of my favorite courses. keep the faith man it gets better.

• gedi83
    277 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:46 PM

alosso:

Nah, you can always lay up to the right and have a Par chance or play a safe bogey. BPB #15 laughed on me today with 2x triple bogey :(

My approach to BPB15 is aiming to the rough just in front of the green and then making a 12-16yd uphill flop + a short putt. That gives it a par more often than not...

• mgh221
    545 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 4:38 PM

my take on #15 bethpage (gedi has a good plan by the way not knockin it) i play a shot about +20 yards of the actual distance w/ 95% backspin depending on the wind. i try to land the ball above and left of the hole. it should trickle down to it and leave a short (if not straight) uphill putt. there is no putt aside from directly below this hole that is easy but w/ some skill and trial and error you'll learn how to can that sucker and may even make a few birds there :)

as for the top hole location.... i pray to the golf gods for mercy lol

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 10:11 PM

TYs for the tipps!

I found that playing into the bunker right below also gives a fair par chance. In tourneys of "Best of Hardest" one can easily restart until a rare bird happens.

Towards that upper pin I play the length (from 175-180 yds) w/ full bs, aim left to the lowest corner and hope that is stays on the green.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 10:56 PM

How about this as an eagle attempt?

(see camera 3)

Woulda been sweet - 200 yds iron, full bs, 99 % swing...

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 11:16 PM

I don't know why but I have really enjoyed the 15th lately. I never thought i'd say that but I've birdied & eagled it the last couple of times. lucky as heck I guess.

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 11:57 PM

piztaker:

The other thing about Kiawah is that as the green speeds get faster, the greens get wonkier. 

This is true!

lol Never thought about it...Just figured I was putting worse.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 7:53 AM

BubbaCrusher007:

I don't know why but I have really enjoyed the 15th lately. I never thought i'd say that but I've birdied & eagled it the last couple of times. lucky as heck I guess.

u wouldn't happen ot hav saved that eagle, would u ? wud love to see that .. damn !

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:54 AM

piztaker:

The other thing about Kiawah is that as the green speeds get faster, the greens get wonkier. 

I think that I have never seen

A "wonkier" Kiawahn green :)

Seriously though guys, some really good tips in this thread.

Doc

• PAGES
RSS