Help › Forums

Re: Hey ya'll!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 5 2012 10:35 AM (2 replies)
  • djbreaking80
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 7:00 AM

Greetings from OK (Thunder up!) --

Today marks my third week with this game. It's truly amazing in it's realism and aesthetics. When one dreams of swing meters, I believe it's probably considered an addiction so count me among those ranks.

As I've shared with a few whom I've played a couple of rounds, I initially stumbled onto this site as I have a friend in VA that just had lung surgery to, hopefully, ward off a further battle with cancer. Good news: Doctors are very pleased with the results. Flip side (yeah,DJ is an occupational reference...but CDs and MPs don't have flip sides so I just dated myself a bit, but I digress): It's going to be awhile before he has the physical stamina to tackle a real course again. Hopefully this with this way we can still share a links experience together from time to time. (And if he gets addicted to the game, he can kill me when he's up to it. In the meantime he'll simply deal with it.)

In the meantime, I've met some very nice folks who have shared some very useful things where the game is concerned. In short, it's been a blast and it may have actually helped my "real" game in some respects. Talk about the best of both worlds!

To those I've played with, thanks for the great rounds and for inspiring me to continue to improve so I can unlock some of those G20s and putt like a demon on Tournament Speed greens (ok, that's more of a recurring nightmare at this point that I'll physically play a course set up like that!). To those I haven't, I look forward to sharing a lap or two and  thanks for the lessons in advance. I keep reminding myself *everyone* has started somewhere with this game at some point and fought the same learning curve so to witness what some of you can do in regard to playing this game at the higher levels has been a pleasure.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 9:59 AM

heya DJ .. glad u havin' fun .. WGT bug has gotya it seems .. just keep swingin'

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 10:35 AM

welcome aboard!

-wgticon

RSS