Re: Free Putter Pal expired?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 6 2012 5:12 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 2:41 PM

Hi

when not active, it does not lose hit count.

-wgticon

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 2:44 PM

WGTicon:

Hi

when not active, it does not lose hit count.

-wgticon

Interesting, since I only used mine for 4 putts.

Aw well.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 3:04 PM

MBaggese:

Interesting, since I only used mine for 4 putts.

Aw well.

I'm with you, MB.

Used mine for 4 or 5 putts before reverting to my version of Yancy's Beta model (deluxe version...mine has an "iron-pal" on the other side....lol).  Was playing at work recently, went to turn on Putter-pal, and it wasn't there any more.

Maybe the "phantom-usage" was something they fixed in one of the recent updates?

Not really too worried though....the Beta model is 2 years old and besides having to re-ink the lines occasionally, it's hassle-free.  :)

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 3:38 PM

My Putter Pal has a 1st name.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 3:49 PM

I know at one point my putter pal had stopped counting down right around 60 hits left.  I only used it when I played at work and would turn it off at home. 

Then one day I went to turn it back on and it was at 0 hits not the 60 something that was there the day before.   I just figured they finally caught the bug and didn't bring it up due to the fact I knew I got more than my amount of hits out of it. ;-)

I did report it as a bug though.  Maybe I'll try buying 10 hits and leaving it off just to see.  But since I made a template for my work computer I haven't felt the need to buy more.

They must have known players would just make their own using the putter pal as a template.   Now I'm back to using avatar movements combined with an index card.  

• NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 5:12 PM

I noticed the same thing by accident.  I had only used like 4 hits with my putter pal and then shut it off.  Every time I cleared my cache and forgot to shut it off in the settings I would notice the PP when on the greens and then shut it off again.  Well, the other day I cleared my cache and remembered once I got on the green to change my settings.  I noticed the putter pal was not there anymore before changing the settings.  I reset the game, cleared my cache and left the putterpal on this time just to see if it for sure was gone.  And it was.  Again, I only used 4 or 5 hits on it and now it does not show at all.

Basically the same issue.  It does not bother me as I do not use it but I wanted to confirm it has happened to me as well.

-Nuke

• PAGES
RSS