Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Disconnections?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 7 2012 7:09 AM (5 replies)
  • Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 1:09 PM

I think most of the disconnections are do to people think they can have a lower than broadband connection to play and the game requirements specifically say dsl or compatible internet connection or higher to play. I bet 99% of these disconnects are not WGT at all. Just people don't care and join a game and Wam Bam ty Mam they disconnect with no care at all if other players are screwed by it. I think that wgt should have a block on connections to those that anything lower than a 6 meg connection so the game goes flawlessly without a disconnect.

You can argue with me if you want. I still think there are people still with the nastiest of the nastiest connections for internet still out there and ruining it for others.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:29 PM

Games4Ever71:

I think most of the disconnections are do to people think they can have a lower than broadband connection to play and the game requirements specifically say dsl or compatible internet connection or higher to play. I bet 99% of these disconnects are not WGT at all. Just people don't care and join a game and Wam Bam ty Mam they disconnect with no care at all if other players are screwed by it. I think that wgt should have a block on connections to those that anything lower than a 6 meg connection so the game goes flawlessly without a disconnect.

You can argue with me if you want. I still think there are people still with the nastiest of the nastiest connections for internet still out there and ruining it for others.

Some companies charge too much for the higher speeds.You wanna chip in for those who get the bare minimum?

This is an uncontrollable situation . All we can do is add those people to our block list and hope we can remember who they are.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:34 PM

The minimum spec details in the FAQ's certainly need uprating though as the game has evolved a lot since these were inserted.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 11:39 PM

pjctas0822:

Some companies charge too much for the higher speeds.You wanna chip in for those who get the bare minimum?

So when its their fault I pay for their internet? I don't think so. I paying for something some one else can do themselves. I am not that stupid. Hell and 6 mb dsl now a days is cheap compared to 5 years ago. They have to be almost homeless to not have good dsl now a days.

Dial up is barely even around any more, and you say people can't pay the prices? Maybe not cable prices which are $99 a month and dsl is only a quarter of that or less. Like I said dial up can't even play this game.

Question: Why the heck do you think I got pay for others causing the problem? That is like telling me to give you a win on alternate shot because you said you got called into work and you leaving the game, if your the opponent of me or anyone. I do not fix peoples own problems, because they won't do it themselves. Call me a jerk, but the jerk is the one with the hand out.

If they are going to just keep disconnecting do to internet speed then they will just have to take the loss for it. I don't or anyone else on here with good internet should not have to take a loss for someone with terrible self reliance.

$14.99 a month for 7 mb speed dsl with century link. That is a dial up price for dsl. Dial up is not even worth it for that price of dsl.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 12:33 AM

Ok so what do you want WGT to do? Ping everyone ? Like I said if you encounter a player and they get disconnected from a game 3 times then add them to your list. You can't tell what kind of speed their on just because they get disconnected. It could be numerous things.

I was being fictitious when I said you should pay for their service....Also with all the wireless bandwidth being shared in 1 house well, that causes issues to.

Basically that has always been a problem and wont go away no time soon unless WGT introduces IP to IP play as opposed to running off a remote server.

Understand?

• WarnersSafeCure
    682 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 7:09 AM

what about the folk who dont have the benefit of a landline.  i know plenty of friends who play using,  a broadband dongle.  yea its still slow.  and dissconections are common.  or it takes an eon to load.  so its not a case of not affording prices.  no landline.  no fast broadband.

RSS