rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 7 2012 10:02 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 6:59 AM

piztaker:

CerinoDevoti:

I use the flop shot nearly 100% of the time.

I love the flop too but it isn't good out of 40%/50% stuff.

I just hit it harder but adjust for the greater amount of roll out the higher rough produces. I love me some flopper with fries and a shake...... ;-)

• JTRx
    28 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 3:28 PM

hyena64:

TxTdubya:
    Is there another style of shot that will work better around the green from the rough?  I know that landing and staying on the green will prevent this, but I'm still learning..

The flop shot is my favorite, & almost always, hit properly, will land within 3 yds of hole. I use some if not full backspin with it, so it stops pretty quickly where it lands, but you can use less & let it roll. But the more roll, the less predictable the shot.  Remember to aim 3-4 yds left, as flops will always go to right when hit squarely.  Go to practice round & try it over & over.  It's something you need to get a feel for, but once you do, you won't be sorry. Add a little power (yardage) to shot based on depth of rough. Each wedge you carry will have limits which come up automatically when selected w/ flop shot. These distances can be adjusted for each club as well. Just takes getting used to, but it's the best shot in my bag. I use it anywhere from 10-40 yds off green; inside 10 I chip, outside 40 I pitch, or use iron depending on distance.  Will definitely be helpful to watch video tutorials on right side of this page for these shots, & any FAQ about them.  Obviously all shots vary some depending on balls & clubs used.  Hope this helps. Look me up if you like, & if I'm green, we can play a round.

This is fantastic advice, and is already making a big difference for me.

Thanks! *thumbs up*

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 8:10 PM

piztaker:
    I love the flop too but it isn't good out of 40%/50% stuff.

Aww PizzHopper (think of Kungfu)..

When you can snatch this Cleveland Wedge from my hand, you will be ready! :)

• PAGES
RSS