Help › Forums

Re: Newbie "Just For Fun" Player Needs Help

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 28 2012 2:24 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • marks84
    184 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 7:25 PM

Okay, since you say you do not intend to put any money into the, which is understandable, there is not much advice I can give you. One thing you can do however, is take a couple of minutes every day that you log in and watch the free videos. 7 credits a day is not much, but if you save them up, you will be able to amass a few hundred credits. You can also complete one or more offers, if you happen to find one for something that you were going to buy anyway (The NetFlix offer is a good one and will get you some decent credits).

As Icon said, there is a HUGE difference between the basic equipment and the high-end clubs, but there is also a big difference between starter clubs and almost any clubs that are available after approximately level 25.

In the end, it is your decision, and if you are having fun just playing the game with the starter equipment, then by all means continue to do so and have fun.  Best of luck to you.

Marks84

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 9:14 PM

When I started out with WGT, I just got out there and played and eventually I did get good enough. With a little practice you will be good :) just try and study the golf courses the best you can

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 10:36 PM

My 0.02 €:

Putting is math. once you get the green speeds and control the stroke strength, you'll have the length. I work with a distance table and a ruler. Sideslope needs some more practice. The putter is the only club working linerally when severly choked. 10% stroke gives 10% length. The other clubs work well only from 80% onwards. Use "punch" shots to get intermediate yardages.

The system's recommendations to chip or pitch go by distance not by suitablity. A chip flies about 20% of it's length and needs fringe or green for the landing, it will stop short on fairway or rough. A pitch flies 50% and needs at least fairway to proceed properly.

The Starter wedges are (relatively) crap. Upgrade soon if you have any ambitions.

• skibag
    155 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 2:24 PM

Glad your gettin there dhbuddy!!this game is lots of fun when you get the hang of it,im a master and im still tryin!!!!!:-)we'l have to play a round!!!,ps love that slinky joke!!!!

• PAGES
RSS