Forums

Help › Forums

Re: putter meter question

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 12 2012 10:22 PM (2 replies)
  • Masterius
    33 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 7:48 PM

When I draw my club back to putt, if I hold it for a couple of seconds two parallel lines centered on the 'ding' slowly start drawing together.  What are those lines, what do they represent, and what effect to they have the closer they draw together?

Thanks!

~Masterius

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 7:52 PM

Masterius:

When I draw my club back to putt, if I hold it for a couple of seconds two parallel lines centered on the 'ding' slowly start drawing together.  What are those lines, what do they represent, and what effect to they have the closer they draw together?

Thanks!

~Masterius

I always wondered that too. I do notice I miss alot more putts by not swinging in Rhythm and stalling at the top of my meter.

Hopefully someone will enlighten us both soon.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 10:22 PM

From my observations of 18,000 puts:

Those lines mark the limits of an "acceptable" putt IMO. If you miss it it will be just crap, going only a fraction of the length.

When you miss within the lines, the putt will lose strength and miss to the same side. Some use this to aim on side slopes.

Obviously, it gets harder to stay in the "good" area when the outer lines have come closer. Then it's better to reduce the putting power to zero or just let it swing through without clicking, just to restart with full space. There's no (known) limit of repeating.

RSS