Forums

Help › Forums

Re: You gotta be kidding me!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:07 PM (9 replies)
  • Masterius
    33 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 6:51 PM

OK, today I joined one of the tournaments held by my CC, a front 9 stroke play game.  Thankfully, after a really great first 7 holes I horribly mangled hole 8, because while on the 9th green aiming a 3 foot putt for par suddenly I get kicked out of the tournament and receive a message that the tournament time has ended.  Say what????

Isn't it a bit ridiculous to terminate a round once someone's started because the tournament time has elapsed?

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:54 PM

I agree but it is what it is. Hopefully WGT can fix that but because of the "save game" feature it would not work .

We cant have our cake and eat it to.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 2:26 AM

Masterius:

OK, today I joined one of the tournaments held by my CC, a front 9 stroke play game.  Thankfully, after a really great first 7 holes I horribly mangled hole 8, because while on the 9th green aiming a 3 foot putt for par suddenly I get kicked out of the tournament and receive a message that the tournament time has ended.  Say what????

Isn't it a bit ridiculous to terminate a round once someone's started because the tournament time has elapsed?

Hi

the timer is there in place to speed it up in a fair manner.. What's it to stop before hitting last putt, going to bed and the finishing 9 hours later.

-wgticon

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 2:55 AM

What is annoying is that you can start it one minute before expiry time and it lets you play everything up until the last putt before it tells you that you have ran out of time.  Sorry to say, but that is another WGT rip-off!!!  WGT - you should at least kick us out of the game when the time is up and not at the end of the round simply to use up ball life!

• 100plus
    801 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 4:49 AM

CC tournaments say estimated end time not entry time,so if time is low do not enter

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 12:55 PM

MioKontic:

What is annoying is that you can start it one minute before expiry time and it lets you play everything up until the last putt before it tells you that you have ran out of time.  Sorry to say, but that is another WGT rip-off!!!  WGT - you should at least kick us out of the game when the time is up and not at the end of the round simply to use up ball life!

I haven't played a ready go in a while, but I am pretty sure there is a clock which tells you too.

Also, you have signed up for a tournament, so I would think you would keep track ?

-wgticon

• Guddis
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 3:38 PM

Played round 3 of a 4 round tourney today, and the end of round 3 appeared before I got to finish the round. The end result was that no playing was registered at all, hence I almost lost experience points again. (for playing consecutive days.)

I understand that a tourney has an end time, but when playing a tourney of multiple rounds, it is very hard to see when a round ends.

And extremely annoying that experience is not registered at all when not finishing within end of a round or tourney.
    Another issue is when starting a game and not finishing before the end of the wgt day, consecutive points are nilled. 
    There are room for improvement here!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2012 3:37 PM

All the timer information is available. The inverted CC tourney clock in the game client helps by showing when the hour and minute count is going to zero - check the detailled schedule of the CC tournament in the CC's tournament section accordingly, in local time.

If the CDP clock is running out (see game client's main menu) you might better play a short game - there are three holes available in practice mode on many courses, and one hole(!) via community => courses, sufficient for the bonus.

I see room for improvement on your side :o))

• GIMMMEEE
    224 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:05 PM

WGTicon:

MioKontic:

I haven't played a ready go in a while, but I am pretty sure there is a clock which tells you too.

Also, you have signed up for a tournament, so I would think you would keep track ?

-wgticon

Those RG clocks are not 100% foolproof as I found out a week or so back whilst preparing dinner n watching the clock n playing the game.. .. 

Was on the 18th green with a 3 ft putt to finish, a 58 second clock to finish, plus dinner served on the table.. .. went to make my putt n the sign appeared that my time had expired.. .. went to my 2nd screen that showed scores n time which informed me 54 seconds remaining...................................!

This was a very rare occasion n WGT did look into it and refunded my credits,,, but my point is it can happen.. .. but all in all its just a game that consumes my spare time.. .. .. and yes, dinner was nothing short of superb..!!! 

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:07 PM

Just like anything els in life.

You got to learn the rules of the game ,Fair or not.Play by them.Plan by them.You'll be better off ,And it will save you $ and grief

RSS