Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Bali...CTTH.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:41 AM (2 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 5:31 AM

Anyone got any tips on yrdage for holes 7 & 8 ?? Don't mind putting the time in to learn courses but I'm stumped on these 2 holes...seems I've tried every combo I can think of...Or is e/one else in the dark too....Tx Andy..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 6:16 AM

#7 is 133 away up 20 feet. Your irons are a Medium loft type and are more affected by that elevation than a higher lofted club. I use a R11 9 iron (135) and can drop the ball on top of the pin. With those irons you would have to use back spin and stick it, or slow down the landing and run up to the pin. The wind plays a part, of course.

On #8 you have 221 away up 13 feet. I use the 3 iron (225)for this, using spin and choke depending on the wind. Wind in your face with back spin will stop the ball short but helping wind will cause the ball to run past the hole. With a good wind I can also use the 4 iron (210) and top spin. 

The lower flying clubs are less affected by the wind because of the low flight so you need lots of back spin to control the roll after landing. They tend to come in "hot" so you need to account for this. As a Master you can get away with this on a lot of the courses but as soon as the elevation enters the mix you find yourself where you are now-perplexed. You might be in the process of learning how beneficial those higher flying clubs are.  :-)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:41 AM

YankeeJim:
    You might be in the process of learning how beneficial those higher flying clubs are.  :-)
    Ty YJ, looks like I need 2 b off 2 the shops in a few Levels !! Will it never end  ..lol..

RSS