Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Numbers, not letters

Fri, Jul 13 2012 1:44 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 3:48 PM

Do you have life lock or any identity theft protection??   I know there is a free credit offer with lifelock... 

My research shows that some of those things have keylogger protection ( or something like that)  jumbles up your keys for when you are away from your computer. 

Just a thought

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 3:50 PM

@chas,

I did a Google search for you and found this.

"If you're writing numbers instead of letters when you press the keyboard of your laptop and you must hold down the Function key (Fn) to write normally.

This is due to the fact that the digital lock is activated. To solve this, simply press the Fn+Numlk or depending of the model, press the button or Fn + Shift +Numl
    "

Don't mind those other guys. They were just clowning.

GL

• chasfly
    388 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 8:57 AM

Thanks for the reply.  I am using Windows 7 and followed the link, downloaded the software ($40), didn't fix the problem.  Laptop...

Still trying...

• chasfly
    388 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 9:00 AM

Thanks for the reply.  Will try the suggestions when I can get one of my buds to engage in a match.  Understand the clowning, just frustrated that I can't play my buds and CC members because I can't communicated.  You understood that it only occurs in the WGT chat box, right?

C.

• bloughlinjr1
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 6:11 PM

Was having the same issue using Chrome. Switched to IE and the issue went away. Make usre your pop-ups are allowed.

• chasfly
    388 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 5:59 AM

Just wanted to bring you all up to date on the problem and what seems now to b the fix for the problem  My ISP is Comcast and part of their protectio suite is 'Constant Guard' which includes keylogger protection.  By disabling this function (they call it 'Gamer Mode') normal typing function is restored in the chat box.

Thanks to all who tried to find solutions for me and hopefully someone else may learn from my experience.

Chas~

• rjteeithi
    685 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 1:37 PM

Chas Im in the same boat as you, and can only type numbers on wgt...I also have comcast so Im gonna try what you said......VERY FRUSTRATED

rj

• rjteeithi
    685 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 1:44 PM

Great work in finding this fix sir! It worked like a charm.....had a home service call about the same time this problem started....maybe it was just some update that I wasnt informrd about

thanks again, Joe T 

• PAGES
RSS