Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WHEN THE MATCHPLAY LEADERBOARD?

Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:55 AM (7 replies)
  • boressie
    45 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 1:55 AM

I am a player who loves the Matchplay. I only play it. My scores are not so bad.

I know many are like me.

As I thought I heard, there will be a leaderboard for the challenge, and our effort will be recognized by the WGT.

In PGATOUR, the World Matchplay championship is well recognized. Why not here.

I kill myself to win over 200 challenges at least (over 50,000 credits) for nothing.

It's easier to shoot 25,26, 49, 52, 53 alone in his corner than beating a tough guy with pressure on 9 or 18 holes.

So, please, gentlemen of the WGT, take care of it and give the players what they like.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 9:45 AM

hi

what would you like to see there? just who has most wins per month or something else?

it's an interesting idea, so worth discussing it.

-wgticon

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 9:59 AM

Match play for credits.....More experience points for beating higher tiered players...Just 2 to name a few.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 10:49 AM

Potentially the list of the biggest sandbaggers on WGT... would be great to see!

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:26 AM

How about:

1 - Tiered Match Play ladder leagues?  

You can only challenge a person 3 places above you.  If you win you swap places.  

If you challenge someone the challenge appears on their profile page and they have 48 hours to play you or they default to a loss.

Players should be allowed 4 weeks of holiday time a year where they can inactivate themselves and freeze their position.  Whilst inactivated they don't exist as far as challenges are concerned.

Run it every quarter (winter, spring, summer, autumn) start off each time with an 18 hole single play strokeplay event to determine starting places in ladder.  Allow a month of jostling for position with final places determined by average position at end of the month.

Default 45 sec shot timer unless both players agree to longer/shorter time.

2 - Tier-Based Matchplay Knockout Tourneys

Limited entry (64 places).  Qualifying 18 hole round (single play) to determine starting positions/seeding.

Matches in each round to be played by a given date, etc etc.

You get the idea. 

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:31 AM

Lmorgan007:

How about:

1 - Tiered Match Play ladder leagues?  

You can only challenge a person 3 places above you.  If you win you swap places.  

If you challenge someone the challenge appears on their profile page and they have 48 hours to play you or they default to a loss.

Players should be allowed 4 weeks of holiday time a year where they can inactivate themselves and freeze their position.  Whilst inactivated they don't exist as far as challenges are concerned.

Run it every quarter (winter, spring, summer, autumn) start off each time with an 18 hole single play strokeplay event to determine starting places in ladder.  Allow a month of jostling for position with final places determined by average position at end of the month.

Default 45 sec shot timer unless both players agree to longer/shorter time.

2 - Tier-Based Matchplay Knockout Tourneys

Limited entry (64 places).  Qualifying 18 hole round (single play) to determine starting positions/seeding.

Matches in each round to be played by a given date, etc etc.

You get the idea. 

Wow.. very complex and WGTLS offers something very similar to this.  I'd be very surprised if WGT wants to get involved in organizing anything close to this yet a simple tally of wins/losses and earnings on a leaderboard I'd think would be relatively straight forward.

I'd love to see the list like I said above... would certainly expose some of the top "sandbaggers" on the site :-)

Also... Blitz Challenge stats would be nice....

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:53 AM

cycle1979:
    Wow.. very complex and WGTLS offers something very similar to this

Yes they have a very nice set up over there . Those guys run an A+ site and this community needs more of that as opposed to sitting back and let WGT do all the work.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:55 AM

Tier-Based Matchplay Knockout Tourneys (Premium)

I would love to see this option. Once it fills up bam everyone begins. Play to there is no more. This would be awsome! You could do it like so:

16 Player MP Tourney (9 hole or 18 hole) Tier Based or Open:

Doing 16 player tourneys means that it take but 4 games to be crowned the winner, reasonable amount of time to become a winner of a tourney.

Payouts like RG's: 100 Credit format for example:

Pool: (1600 Entry - WGT cut 320=1280 Prize Pool

Winner - 600

Runner up - 400

3rd-4th - 140 Each

Somthing like that, you get the idea I would definatly love to see something like that as a option.

Thanks,

Mes.

RSS