Re: Top Gun Videos

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 5 2012 10:04 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2012 1:42 PM

BolloxInBruges:
    The videos I've recorded were at 30 FPS I believe, the meter will appear to be stuttering at that rate when it's actually smooth as can be.

I asked you a question about streaming a while back about what software you use. Did you find something better than Camtasia? I was using that and i found the meter did stutter quite a bit when i was recording. Is there anything i can do to combat this?

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2012 4:42 PM

This is most likely due to the amount of processing power required to capture and then stream video - You can check this by opening the Task Manager (on Windows PCs) while the app is recording and watch how much memory and CPU the process is using.

I did some poking around and found this article on assigning a process to a specific CPU if you're running a machine with at least dual core processors and Windows 7:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee851672.aspx

This might help if you assign the streaming process to one CPU and the game to the other - then there shouldn't be one pulling resources/affecting the other.

Disclaimer: I have not tried this before, so cannot speak to the affect or effectiveness of trying it out.  Do so at your own risk.

This doesn't factor in the resources needed from the graphics card, which is also going to affect the game by streaming.  That one I don't have a solution to except to get a better graphics card (if you're using a desktop).

(I'm a former hardware techie but am not up on the most current tech, so there may be other factors/options I haven't considered)

• dario2589
    202 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2012 5:27 PM

When you get use to the timing of the meter you can ding it, or be really close to, with your eyes closed.

• SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 8:58 AM

StrangeMagic:

I see you have 61 ranked rounds. So, I think you are missing about 1,000 ranked rounds or so. 

Thank You Very much!!  You see, your comments got me a wonderful steak dinner from my wife last night!....You wonder what I'm talking about?.....well, when I made made my original posting yesterday concerning the meter speed I told my wife that since this may be a somewhat controversial subject. So, someone will probably give the 3rd degree and look at my profile & post something such as you did.

She said to me "You have been on WGT a long time, so why would someone get upset for watching the speed of a meter and see if it "stutters", or "skips". After all, anyone can just open their eyes and see a bad meter"...

I then said "watch the replys and you will see that someone will veer from the subject to a personal thought"

Soo......I bet her the steak dinner & whola:)......A flo's filet from my local Longhorn's & 2 22 ounce Sam Adams hit the spot!!!

Again, Thanks!!!!!!  Maybe the next comment I get from folks will get me a ticket to a Steelers game.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 10:04 AM

SafariMan62:
    So, someone will probably give the 3rd degree and look at my profile & post something such as you did.

Sorry man...you're a good guy, I can tell.

Tell me what you want me to post and maybe you can get a Lobster dinner and a romantic evening too.

I am here to help in any way I can.

SM

• PAGES
RSS