Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Player Questions

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 10 2012 4:03 PM (1 replies)
  • thinkjrp42
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 1:50 PM

I'm a new player and have a few questions if anyone has a moment to help me out...

1. Is upgrading my equipment very important? If so, what should I save for first? And what's the best way to get credits from playing? I've gotten 150 credits, but not sure why as it never really announced when I did. I'm assuming for a couple good rounds maybe?

2. I was playing a bunch of stroke play rounds, but as soon as I got decent at a course it automatically moved me back to the white tees, making me miss half the greens in regulation due to the distance of my clubs. Is this related to my level or the best score I have on the course?

3. Any other advice you might have for playing?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 4:03 PM

Let's start from behind:

3) practice and have fun!

1) There some features which you cannot practice but have to pay for:

- Length, spin and a certain type of precision.

Buying clubs & balls is essential for these.

My suggestion would be to buy decent wedges (Ping or better) and a driver (perhaps the Pro driver) if not a full set of clubs. Irons, putter and balls can wait.

The higher level you come to, the better clubs will be available - plenty of temptations out there!

To get credits from playing you need better equipment - there are plenty of perfect players out there. If you don't want to spend money, look at "Get Credits" - "Earn free credits" in the top menu. Beware that free credits may cost a lot of your time!

2) The changes relevant for the game, length and green speed, come from advancement in the tiers. This comes from you playing better, a certain average is neccessary for each step. Explanation over there ==>

RSS