Re: BEYOND LEGEND.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 14 2012 2:14 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 1:19 PM

renniw52:

How many people, who play real life golf, are breaking 80 for every 18 hole round? I'll be the first to say I can't. Let's be honest folks, speak up. If I shoot an 84-85 I have had a great day.

Good grief the best round I ever played was an 86 nearly 20 years ago. Funny how I still remember. :-)  Now I'd be lucky to shoot an honest 110. I couldn't imagine being able to shoot less than about 150 on Olympic or Oakmont IRL.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 1:32 PM

renniw52:
    How many people, who play real life golf, are breaking 80 for every 18 hole round? I'll be the first to say I can't. Let's be honest folks, speak up.
    Got opposite prob..If I don't break 80, 90% of the time,would walk off steaming !! However,I wish I could translate it to this game....Andy.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 7:37 AM

yeah, it'll prob be called Tour Legend/Elite ... they should call it Freak Tier though

• Robbie0102
    636 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 7:55 AM

Hey,

I think a special tier for the very good legends isn't a bad idea. But where's the point a player is a "Tour Legend" or whatover we want to call them?

I'm a Legend with an actual Avg. Score of 58.21, in principle I'm not withdrawing from tournaments, even the score gets very bad, and I'm playing tournaments from legend tees most of the time. If I take the great list of genorb I'm No. 150 or something like that of the Legends. But am I really as good as the Avg. Score seems to be?

I didn't qualify for the virtual US Open! And if I take the last 200 rounds I have an Avg. Score of 62.51, 4.40 worse then the Avg. Score of wgt. Some comparisons:

• dansamcam: 56.52 for the last 200 rounds/ 53.73 at wgt-Avg. Score
    • mrenn29: 58.28/ 56.35
    • BolloxInBruges: 57.24/ 54.89
    • Kriztjan: 58.35/ 55.31
    • LuisCraveiro: 57.74/ 55.03
    • stevenharkin: 58.48/ 55.54

You see: The score of these players are at least better then 4 compared to my scores, at e.g. dansamcam it's 6!!! And I really wouldn't have any chance vs. any of  these players, to beat one of them in a match play is just a dream and I'm always happy if I beat one or two of them in a RG... but that happens very rare ... ;-)

Therefor again the question: Where should be the line between a "normal" Legend and a "Tour Legend"? Or should we have "Excellent Legends", "Tour Legends" and "Legends"? I don't think it would be the right way to use the wgt-Avg. Score.

Btw: Of course I'm afraid to get an "Excellent Legend" - or however it will be called - and have to "fight" with the best players at wgt without having any chance to beat them in any contest. ;-)

Happy weekend and best regards,

Robbie

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 8:03 AM

how 'bout :

- Tour Legend: avg under 60

- Platinum Legend: avg under 58

- Diamond Legend: avg under 56

this has been shot down before .. but i say, if u wanna add 1 new tier, why not add 3 while u at it .. big diffirence between 59 avg & 56 avg Legend IMO

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:33 AM

I'm hoping for a structure where the players in the new tier are removed from the All Tiers tournaments (except for the US Open and other "Majors").  They're already only competing against each other for all practical purposes.  I'd be fine with lower purses in the tournaments if that's what it takes to subsidize really good payouts for the best.

I also think it would be a good idea for players to have the option of dropping back to Legend if they prove to be noncompetitive at the highest tier.  

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 2:14 PM

I think too many would dilute the name.

One more Tier above Legend with the cut line about 57 should do it. A 57 score is used to get the Diamond Course Awards.

"Diamond Encrusted Immortal"   ;-) 

• PAGES
RSS