Forums

Help › Forums

Re: is there a ball stat for putting

Fri, Jul 13 2012 5:55 PM (6 replies)
  • JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 3:20 PM

is there any certain ball stat that affects putting??

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 3:28 PM

All balls putt the same.

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 3:29 PM

JoshuaHay23:

is there any certain ball stat that affects putting??

Only feel which will slow the meter speed of your putter down. The are no other ball attributes that would affect putting.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 3:33 PM

Does the Type of putter you use have an affect?

I ask because I had used the Ghost Putter and just recently switched to the Daytona Rossa putter . It seems the ball flows smoother using the Daytona.

Its probably one of those mind over matter things but my putting avg per hole has gone down quite a bit since switching to the smoother less expensive Daytona Putter.

Best buy I have made thus far as far as equipment goes.

• Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 3:47 PM

Same thing here, when I rented the level 84 ghost Spider, the ball seemed to roll or glide over the green with an uncanny smoothness, true as if the sweet spot was always where I struck the ball.

Incredible feeling, like above not sure if it was all an illusion.

Shame it is so expensive.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 5:37 PM

pjctas0822:

Does the Type of putter you use have an affect?

I ask because I had used the Ghost Putter and just recently switched to the Daytona Rossa putter . It seems the ball flows smoother using the Daytona.

Its probably one of those mind over matter things but my putting avg per hole has gone down quite a bit since switching to the smoother less expensive Daytona Putter.

Best buy I have made thus far as far as equipment goes.

I think that is true to some extent, I use the high level Nike and it seems like the Nike putter pushes the ball a foot or more before it actually starts to roll.

Danny

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 5:55 PM

DannyPhan:
    I think that is true to some extent, I use the high level Nike and it seems like the Nike putter pushes the ball a foot or more before it actually starts to roll.
    Same here,makes a strange 'clunck' too....Would switch back to Redwood but used to increments now...

RSS