Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Waiting & waiting

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:17 AM (6 replies)
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2012 4:15 PM

Your playing a match and it's your opponents turn to play.  His time runs out but nothing happens. This seems to happen quite often.  i wait 5, then 10 minutes with no messages.  The question is, how do you leave with forfeiting?

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2012 6:21 PM

You can try Crashing down the Game Window, then clicking PLAY NOW again to relaod the game and CONTINUE, this may revamp the opponents connection also.

UNLESS of course, your opponent has quit the game on HIS shot. this locks the game out for all and a Forfeit by those left standing is eminent.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2012 6:50 PM

gerryniswonger:
    i wait 5, then 10 minutes
    Just leave after 1st one drops,not worth the script on your wall...Generally give em 3mins ( unless you know them,or chatted with them for a while ) you can generally tell an idiot ...Go with your 1st instinct of the type of player your dealing with..Andy.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2012 9:05 PM

alcaucin:

gerryniswonger:
    i wait 5, then 10 minutes
    Just leave after 1st one drops,not worth the script on your wall...Generally give em 3mins ( unless you know them,or chatted with them for a while ) you can generally tell an idiot ...Go with your 1st instinct of the type of player your dealing with..Andy.

Agree with this totally. I remember  the 100's of Alt Shot games I played and I just put anyone that DC'ed on a list, if I felt it was deliberate.

Never gave them a second chance to dump on me from a great height.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 1:41 AM

Sometimes,  it's your own game that froze up.   It's happened to me a few times,  same thing, the other players timer reaches 00 and nothing happens.   I then close out and hit play now again only to find the others waiting on me in the lobby. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:01 AM

gerryniswonger:
    His time runs out but nothing happens.

That timer is the key. When it gets to :00 and you don't get the warning it's because you froze up, like Hpurey pointed out. Don't wait too long or you get the loss. As soon as it expires and there's no message, X out of your game and restart. 

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:17 AM

F5

RSS