Forums

Help › Forums

Re: "The Open"

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 23 2012 9:44 AM (5 replies)
  • terbal
    286 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 8:18 AM

Did WGT miss "The Open" the biggest golf event of every year. The one that all great players want to win. Or do they only cover the minor events like the US Open?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 8:20 AM

You been living under a rock the past couple of months or are you just making a funny?

• terbal
    286 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 8:49 AM

YankeeJim:

You been living under a rock the past couple of months or are you just making a funny?

i went to go under a rock but when i lifted it you crawled out now thats a funny

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 9:33 AM

I didn't watch a ton, but enjoyed what I saw; definitely would have loved that course here. 

one thing I didn't notice:  no helicopter flyover hole previews in the coverage I saw; possibly I actually had a life and missed them but unlikely.  Did anyone else catch the coverage and notice helicopter flyover shots missing or not?  (I did see the standard "blimp" view during the rounds, preview shots from a helicopter are filmed before tournaments begin). 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 9:40 AM

They would have done the helicopter flyovers but were afraid of crash landing in a bunker and not being able to get out.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 9:44 AM

terbal:
    i went to go under a rock but when i lifted it you crawled out now thats a funny

That wasn't a slur, it was a legit reference to your question which was either sarcastic rhetoric or you legitimately didn't know the facts about no Open this year in which case you had to have been living under a rock not to know. 

I don't live under a rock so what you saw was obviously not possible.

RSS