Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why not MORE Surveys & TV Ads?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 24 2012 12:10 PM (5 replies)
  • BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 11:44 PM

I have noticed that on a daily basis, there are ONLY approx. (7) TV Ads....giving 1 Credit per TV Ad....sometimes, there are a few others that give up 4 credits.  On my profile, I never see more than 5 or 6 Surveys (with any substantial credits)...and most of the time, they say "Sorry, you do not qualify for this survey"...or they'll just give you 5 credits.  And then, there are those surveys that don't pay up OR you get towards the end...and you get disqualified after you've given the survey people a TON of input and information.

Well, IF you play a LOT of hours on a daily basis here on WGT......there's just no way a member can get enough EARNED CREDITS to buy the number of golf balls you need or upgrade your clubs. 

I think maybe, if you "pace yourself" and don't play all that often....you could get the balls and equipment you need with earned credits ONLY.  But, I have found that because I have been playing daily....often times between 3 and 8 hours...I can go through a TON of balls - which means, I have had to BUY credits in order to have enough balls and to upgrade my clubs as I go.  OR, I'd have to play with "unlimited balls"...and that doesn't work - the meter is too fast and you don't get the performance you get with Callaway & Nike balls.

I really feel there should be a LOT more TV ADs and valid SURVEYS for members to get EARNED CREDITS. 

I've read where a LOT of members say they have never paid money for CREDITS, but I just don't see HOW......I don't believe what I have spent on credits has been unreasonable...but, I would have preferred to EARN the credits I bought than to have paid for them.....not a complaint per se, just a suggestion.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 12:25 AM

Be careful Bob, i complained we where only getting 5 vids at 2 credits each, and the next day it went down to 1 vid at 2 creds each. Been like this now for the last 5-6 days.

• KEHYLAR
    551 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 5:13 AM

A long time ago, I tried to take a survey. After about 15/20 minutes of answering questions, I was advised that I did not qualify and that was the end of that. Naturally, I received no credits.

I saw no point in trying to "outsmart" the survey by answering the questions in a manor that I thought would enable me to complete the survey and obtain the credits.

Further, at $1 per 100 credits, the hourly rate for taking the survey, even if I received the credits, seemed to be very low. 

I wonder how many credits per hour the people who regularly take surveys get? What if it turns out to be less than minimum wage? Until and unless I discover that there can be a reasonable hourly rate for taking surveys I will not do so.

Therefor, in consideration of the forgoing, I will continue to use my credit card to purchase the things I want from WGT. 

If anyone knows how to earn a decent hourly rate of return on time invested for taking surveys please advise.

LAURA

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:05 AM

There are many of us who are in no financial position to pull out a credit card to play here. Many others are simply unwilling to do so. The surveys and videos provide for us an avenue to play. For us there is no  "reasonable hourly rate for taking surveys" vs. "credit card" argument.

I justify my survey time by subtracting it from the time I had budgeted to play the game. I don't allow time here to intrude on other areas of my life. Many days I just play one free CTTH sweeps just to keep the consecutive days bonus but don't have enough time for a stroke play game after I subtract that video and survey time. Additionally, I limit myself to only one or two of the survey companies I have found to be reliable; I don't even bother trying any of the others. By doing so I very rarely get dumped after answering a lot of questions.

As for adding more videos and surveys, it would be nice but it has to cost more money for WGT to maintain a sales staff and aggressively sell more of those slots. In today's economy that is not an easy task. I'm sure it is much more profitable (and simpler) for them to sell the credits through the credit card procedure.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 11:56 AM

It has been slim pickings for the last week but today I have dozens, not enough hours in the day to watch them all. Thanks WGT.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 12:10 PM

LOL Piz, are you under there somwhere?

RSS