uncheck loop graphics at low no reflections ETC. and everything

you have mentioned just to play the game

which they make money off us at every angle possible 

cant they (wgt) buy better servers ??

honestly its been like this since 2009

• HUNGRY4STINK
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 1:04 AM

they shut down the other day in the afternoon with server problems unexpectedly 

anyways . Delete Wgt.com from your Flash Cache.. and reboot your computer 

worked great after that 4 me       it did the trick good luck 

• nyjets011269
    42 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 9:00 AM

Good question.  I did install the Pale Moon browser which is an off shoot of firefox.  It just doesn't have all the bells and whistles installed so it is a very lean browser.  I have been playing wgt on it and it seems to have done the trick.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 9:11 AM

nyjets011269:
    I have been playing wgt on it and it seems to have done the trick.

That's fantastic news. Use this Flash player to subside any crashes.

(Released 6/21/2012) Flash Player 11.3.300.262 (35.1 MB)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 3:41 PM

I copied and pasted this from another website while doing a search for Leatrix Latency fix. The article below contains some very good information. The above download will help lower your ping rate, and help your computer better receive information from WGT's servers, and in one piece during game-play.

How To Lower Your Ping

To first lower your ping, your going to have to understand what your ping is.

Ping refers to the network latency between a player's computer, called a client, and the game server. This is usually measured in milliseconds. The average ping is in the 100's, anything higher than 200 will make you lag. Low ping is always better than high ping and allows for smoother faster game-play.

Think of it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Client (your computer) View Post
    Hello Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Server View Post
    Hi

The time it takes for your message, "Hello Server", to reach the server, and then the time it takes for the servers reply is your ping. If you have a bad internet connection your internet may lose a few "packets" of data on the way and your message will be like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Client (your computer) View Post
    H-llo S-rv-r
    Quote Originally Posted by Server View Post
    I don't understand

If you lose packets the server will only register the packets it receives and will not fill in the blank.

A number of things contribute to high ping.

1. Your distance from the server. For example one of the crossfire servers is in Canada, I get 200+ ping because I live so far away from it (Australia)
    2. Your internet connection. The faster your internet is, the lower your ping will be
    3. Reliability. If you don't have reliably even internet you will find your ping spiking (going up a lot very fast then back down)
    4. Bandwidth. If you are taking up bandwidth by downloading something, watching YouTube or browsing the web your ping will be higher
    5. Connection. A wireless connection (depending on the strength) can add 40-50 to your ping
    6. Router. A router will also slow you down and add to your ping.
    7. Computer. If your computer is running many programs at once or has many processes running this will slow down your ping
    8. Antivirus. Your antivirus will want to scan all incoming packets which will slow you down so make sure you turn it off
RSS