Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Chalenges

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 29 2012 11:45 AM (3 replies)
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2012 10:16 AM

Is there a way to give or receive weight (Handicap) to make a match more even for widely different teirs?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2012 10:50 AM

gerryniswonger:

Is there a way to give or receive weight (Handicap) to make a match more even for widely different teirs?

hi

there is no reliable way that I know to gauge handicap online. i know that some country clubs do have handicapped tournaments but those are done with small pool of people who play with each other often enough to know their true skill level.

-wgticon

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2012 11:45 AM

My problem is...When I sign up for a Challenge, all I get are masters and legends.  I would only be giving credits away to try and play against them even up, but (like on the golf course) they would start me, let's say, 2-up, I would give it a shot.

I take it this can't be done, right?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2012 2:21 PM

gerryniswonger:

NO,you either good enough or you're not..the way of gambling I'm afraid., Look at stats & agree or decline ? Even if you think its an even match..It may not be..play higher tiers (I do ) think they are more honest !! by that I mean why would you be a Legend & A sandbagger...Andy

RSS