Help › Forums

Re: What should I purchase with my 1500 Credits

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 1 2012 3:37 PM (6 replies)
  • beerguts10
    17 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 1:29 AM

Hi Everyone,

After a stint away from the game I have returned and I'm looking forward to trying to progress up the rankings.

I am current on Pro, Level 26 and have 1500 credits at my disposal.  I'm using the default equipment that you get when you join.

I would love your opinion on what I should spend my credits on that will give me the best "bang for my buck".

Thanks in advance for your help.

• adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 10:20 AM

Hi Beerguts, as your choices are very limited its tricky to know what to get at L26. I've had a look at what is available to you, and come up with this combo.........

Firstly i would go for the Starter Plus Iron Set (Steel) (L5+) @ 49crs. They would give you an extra 20yds, taking you up to 180yds on your 3 iron, plus giving you a little spin.

Secondly the Rocketballz 10.5° Driver (L26+) @ 900crs, a big lump of your credits certainly, but the extra distance will serve you well (245yds).

Third purchase would be the Rocketballz 3 Fairway Wood (L26+) @ 300crs. This club gives you 225yds, the same as your current driver. 

On to wedges. Because the Starter plus iron set gives you a 90yd PW, and choice of decent wedges in your budget is limited to say the least, I suggest the Ping Tour W 54° Wedge (L18+) @ 110crs that gives you 80yds (punches about 70) and 2 dots spin. Pair that up with the Ping Tour W 60° Wedge (L18+) @ 110crs that gives you 60yds (punches about 50), same spin as the above Ping, and you'll have 50, 60, 70, and 80yd distances covered. 

That little lot comes to 1469crs. 

Now there's a bit of a distance gap between the irons and the 3 wood, so, if you can stretch your budget by an extra 270crs, get the Rocketballz 3 Rescue 19° (Steel) (L26+) @ 300crs as well, it will bridge that gap just right (205yds). 

Hope this helps, good luck and happy hitting !

ps. stick with your current putter, its better than some of the ones you have to pay for !

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 10:33 AM

Nice tipps Adeypa!

I'm with you concerning the putter!

I'd like to add one idea: Beerguts has "beginner" clubs in his bag. Perhaps there's a "beginner" putter in his inventory which is said to be better than the Starter putter.

Replace it and try!

I'd also save the money for the Nikes. Callies, Srixons or even WGT Tour-SDs may do for the moment.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 10:42 AM

I'd suggest to:

Change to the "Starter" clubs in your bag

lose the Nike ball for a bit

Play Starter ball

Get up in the mid to high 30's level (should not take long) or if you play a lot, wait until the 40's level, then evaluate what is available...otherwise using mid-20's level equipment, will/should be upgraded soon after you start leveling up.

• beerguts10
    17 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 1:13 PM

Thanks Everyone.

I have just noticed that I was actually using starter level for some of my clubs and beginners for others!

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 2:52 PM

beerguts10:

Hi Everyone,

After a stint away from the game I have returned and I'm looking forward to trying to progress up the rankings.

I am current on Pro, Level 26 and have 1500 credits at my disposal.  I'm using the default equipment that you get when you join.

I would love your opinion on what I should spend my credits on that will give me the best "bang for my buck".

Thanks in advance for your help.

First, since you are playing with starter clubs , you are used to a slow meter. For that , I would suggest the Ping Raptures, both driver and fairway wood lvl 24. The Ping 54 & 60 degree wedges lvl 18. I would wait on the irons and upgrade later. The wedges are going to be very fast for you, so you will need to buy balls with feel. The more feel, the slower the meter will be. The Rocketballz are faster clubs, so it`s something to think about. A good ball to try , are the Srixons lvl11, 180 credits a sleeve. Hope this helps. Happy Swinging

• beerguts10
    17 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 3:37 PM

lonniescott711:

First, since you are playing with starter clubs , you are used to a slow meter. For that , I would suggest the Ping Raptures, both driver and fairway wood lvl 24. The Ping 54 & 60 degree wedges lvl 18. I would wait on the irons and upgrade later. The wedges are going to be very fast for you, so you will need to buy balls with feel. The more feel, the slower the meter will be. The Rocketballz are faster clubs, so it`s something to think about. A good ball to try , are the Srixons lvl11, 180 credits a sleeve. Hope this helps. Happy Swinging

Awesome thanks - I appreciate everyone's advice.

RSS