Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Sorta newish

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 17 2010 11:27 AM (5 replies)
  • LordPercy
    58 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 10:46 PM

Been on for a few weeks and figured I should say g'day from sunny Brissie down here in Oz. Got to Master but that was mainly through plenty of rounds at St. Andrews, and am finding out the hard way at places like Bethpage my game still has a way to go. I can work my way around a course, its a matter of getting my clicker timed right on Master Class clubs. 

One question....whilst I'm not completely antisocial, I do have an overly primed paranoia meter. Are 'friends' invites from complete strangers who seem to have barely played a game usually legit? Or hustlers trying to con you into playing?

Cheers anyways, great to be here, will probably try and slip through the forums a little more. Great game, glad to find it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 5:16 AM

LordPercy:
    One question....whilst I'm not completely antisocial, I do have an overly primed paranoia meter. Are 'friends' invites from complete strangers who seem to have barely played a game usually legit? Or hustlers trying to con you into playing?

Welcome to a very addictive experience, sire.  :-)

What would they con out of you-LOL-maybe 9 or 18 holes of fun? Not to worry there, LP, you're always in control. You can always delete the nefarious ones (and they occasionally show up but not often) by going to their profile and removing them (tab at top.)

WGT has a socialite award based on the number of friends you have and a lot of players go after it by friending anyone in site. Or maybe they see something you post and want to friend you. It's all very safe and nobody can "take" you. 

There's nothing around here to be paranoid about except BPB #15!   GL  

• LordPercy
    58 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 2:26 AM

Ah hah, young squire. I probably wasnae too clear about hustlers...it was in treference to those who would seek to relieve you of your credits in matchplay......if thaT IS HOw matchplay works, if that all makes any sense. 

And thanks fer the welcome mate.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 1:34 PM

LP.. there is a difference between MatchPlay and a MatchPlay Challenge.. the Challenge is the game where wagers are made.  

Regular MatchPlay is just that.. a MatchPlay match. 

Quite fun and entertaining.

Enjoy.

• LordPercy
    58 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 4:24 PM

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification.

• Neandrathal
    32 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 11:27 AM

LordPercy:

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification.

Hey L.P.I have only been here for just around 3 weeks,and try to invite new freinds at 1-2 Xs a week.I kinda like this site for the fact it does not have to be all about the game.One can say "Howdey".

...N...

RSS