Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Changing balls mid game.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:25 AM (9 replies)
  • Boquerone
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2012 10:49 AM

On the odd occasion during a game I have either lost a ball, (bad I know!) or simply forgot how many I had,  suddenly discovered my last name ball has been withdrawn and replaced by a WGT starter ball.

However I have had a different make ball still in my bag but have,nt been able to work out if it,s possible to stop the game and change balls.

Can anyone advise please?

• mham
    43 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2012 10:56 AM

From having the same thig happen to me i do not believe it is possible to change to another ball, your stuck with the free ones sadly

Mike

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2012 11:05 AM

WGT implements the one ball rule. Best to keep your bag topped up.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2012 11:21 AM

Hi

No, it's not possible to change balls mid game. 

-wgticon

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2012 4:27 PM

Just had same prob..bought a sleeve of nikes for the 2nd time & surprise/surprise STILL didn't like them...so thought I'd use them up..16th hole cc comp BALL GONE ..maybe the ball should last till end of round just like when you start a comp you shouldn't get timed out But I daresay it's open to abuse (people starting rounds knowing there are only a few hits on the ball left) then again they would've had to buy em in the 1st place & who's got the time to work out when to start an 18 holer JUST when the ball is ripe ??? Too much going on in most peeps heads @ the moment  what with browser probs/flash probs/meter probs/balls flying ob,in water & anywhere else but where you hit it..Actually why I'm here now..couldn't take playing any more 2nite.. Game turning me into a whingeing,vindictive,stressed out S.O.B..Andy.

• Boquerone
    2,574 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:51 AM

Thanks for taking the time to reply and confirming what I suspected. It,s bad enough losing a good ball but even more frustrating if your halfway through a tournament round,doing well and suddenly lumbered with a "freebie" (erratic) ball!!!

As has been pointed out I,ll have to try and keep enough in my bag.

Thanks again.

• Boquerone
    2,574 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:53 AM

Thanks for that. Keeping my bag topped up is the obvious answer but for some reason water is like magnets to my balls!!! I bought three this morning and two have gone for a swim!!!

Looks like I,ll have to be a bit more accurate around the water holes.

Thanks again for your reply.

• Boquerone
    2,574 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:55 AM

Thanks for confirming what I thought. Very frustrating to be having a good round and halfway lose your last ball and be stuck with a "freebie"!

Thanks again.

• Boquerone
    2,574 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:01 AM

Thanks for that Andy.

You cheered me up and gave me encouragement in that good players like yourself occasionally lose balls too!!!

Coincidentally I stormed off my Pc in a huff this morning too after losing two of the balls I bought this morning to water!!! I don,t know why but my balls are like magnets to water...just love going for a swim.

Seriously I,ll have to make sure I always have enough in my bag because as you say it,s difficult to judge at the beginning of a round if your last ball is going to see the round out.

Incidentally do I gather you,re resident on the Costa del Sol?

I,m in Fuengirola.

Anyway many thanks for that advice,it,s well appreciated.

Happy Golfing,

Ronnie (Boquerone)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:25 AM

Boquerone:

Incidentally do I gather you,re resident on the Costa del Sol?

I,m in Fuengirola.

Hola..yeah..live Nr Lake Vinuela..Torre del Mar..Been here 5yrs now & used to live your end too.I'll friend you & we can get a round in with DRY balls hopefully !! C u on T Andy

RSS