Help › Forums

Re: Going Down in Rank?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 9 2012 9:41 AM (8 replies)
  • Fermilab
    4 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 7:56 AM

Hello,

I am new to the forums.  I started WGT about 2 years ago and then took a break for a while.  I sit now at Tour Pro but only have an average of 75.92.  From what I have seen and read, I am clearly not a tour pro.  Is there any possibility of a correction?

Fermilab

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 9:09 AM

I see no chance of going back, only on and up.

AFAIS you've become a TP before the changeup of WGT tier system and you have decent equipment, so why shouldn't you play as a TP? Maybe you'll need some practice to ge into the routines, and yes, the game may have become a tad bit harder than before.

Never mind, you'll soon be in a space where the average only comes down.

You might consider to use a custom ball, a cheapo's enough for the start, bringing some more spin and precision to your game.

Hit it straight, have fun!!

• ClarkX
    21 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 9:48 AM

Since i can't find, or am to lazy to look, I want to talk about quitters.  When i first started this game over a year ago, i was a quitter.  My average mattered to me, it was a thing about pride. I figured that if i had a low average it would impress those that i played.  What a silly notion. I also am a fast player, i figure 1) the wind doesn't change 2) the fairways, rough and greens don't change; so why not just hit the ball.  I have seen players agonize over a two footer straight in for the complete 90seconds and then need MORE time to agonize somemore.  So instead of saying something rude to the player i decided to be rude (not believing at the time that i was being rude) by quitting.  Doing things like this gets one a reputation of a quitter, a reputation i richly deserve. Now, i am a master and i don't think i will get any better than that, nor do i really wish to be.  After playing for a while now i just want to get enjoyment out of the game so i TRY not to quit anymore.  I sit and wait like a responsible person for the opponent to hit and say nothing. But it does take most of the enjoyment out of the game.  Yes, i play golf in real life and you have to wait between your shots. But take too long and the golf rangers are on you.  I like this game. I really do, i have played a number of other games but i still come back to this one.  I think that it is the international players that you get to test your skill at bopping the mouse that does it for me.  I am not making excuses for my quitting.  Sometimes i get disconnected, i believe to a certain extent we all do, but since i have that deserved quitters reputation that is counted as a black mark against me.  I have very few friends on this site, i did at one time but when i tried to play them no one would.  Oh, poor me! No one wants me.  Well, i'm trying to get over that, i am working through it.  I normally, as you can see by the number of posts that i have, do not talk on the forum site but i felt that i had to get this out.  Part of my self therapy i suppose and i suppose, knowing the self-centered people who usually reply to these posts, that i will get dinged for this. This, in itself goes on too, too much for my tastes. No one can say much in here that doesn't get rapped by players who believe that they are being funny when in actuality they are being rude and childish. I like to read posts looking to improve my average game into something a little more than that. But then, some people interject themselves unnessacerily into the conversation to say something smart.  Nothing i can do about that. I guess this has turned into a diabribe when it was meant to be a confession.  I offer no excuses for my poor behavior, only that i am saying, i'm working on it, i  am  working  on  it.  Thank you to all that have helped me in the past, you are not forgotten and your advise has not been forgotten.  You'll never see me sniping at anyone on these forum pages, not my style.  I'll close now and await the smart replies to this post.  Thank you for your time.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 2:55 PM

Hey lazybones,

hope you're feeling better now having expressed your woes. Alas, you're disturbing our discussion on ranking.

Some advice to help you avoid further rudeness:

- on top of each forum, there is a "write a new post" button to separate different subjects. Make up your own.

- on top right there is a search function, revealing gazillions of "quitter" threads. Read and see that it's well-known here.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 3:59 PM

ClarkX:
    Since i can't find, or am to lazy to look, I want to talk about quitters. 
    Then start your own thread..Andy.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 4:01 PM

Fermilab:
    I am clearly not a tour pro.
    Like Alo says.you will soon be back into the swing of things..(no pun intended)..GL Andy.

• ClarkX
    21 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 7:24 PM

alosso you are the rude one and most probably one of those that i refer to in my post. People like you love to make fun of other people because you are insecure. Oh, yeah i know what your going to say, i'm soooo secure. No your not.  Look over your posts, i read all the posts that i can and while i will not name names you snipers know who you are. As i explained in my post this is a kind of self-therapy for me, not you.  If your so secure, then shut your mouth mr high and mighty great golfer.  i am no where near the skill of thousands of players on this site. i like to have fun but playing smart mouths like you takes all the fun out of the site.  thanks for the sacasm it goes along way towards making me or anyone else who has to endure your nonsense very, very good.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 8:46 AM

ClarkX:
    .  Look over your posts, i read all the posts that i can and while i will not name names you snipers know who you are. As i explained in my post this is a kind of self-therapy for me,
    Thought (by self admission) you were too lazy..? but now you have apparently read ALL the posts you can..was that 3 or 4. ??You jumped on someone else's post..(That's ok,done it myself) .guessing that is why you are so wound up,because you know you were in the wrong... Suck it up,realize that you were in the wrong & start your own post/thread..P.S. I'd employ a professional ..the self help route don't seem to be working out...'www.i need a shrink.com'..Andy

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 9:41 AM

ClarkX:

alosso you are the rude one and most probably one of those that i refer to in my post. People like you love to make fun of other people because you are insecure.

Excuse me, but there was no fun and no rudeness in my post (except perhaps calling you rude), and certainly no sarcasm.

I showed honest compassion with you, appreciated your self-therapy and then explained your mistake, also showed you two serious ways to good forum appearance.

Now that you reply so eloquently how bad I am there's some more security in me that you only jumped in here to provoke me - successfully to a certain degree. You need many lessons in troll school to be really successful - no way to make me become rude on you.

Good bye Sir.

RSS