Help › Forums

Re: help with comodo

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 9 2012 5:47 AM (6 replies)
  • YORKYBROM
    36 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 11:25 AM

hi guys,

struggling with a browser, have downloaded comodo and set everything up so game is on desktop.. problem is i cant log in, the box on the left on opening screen with play now and log in box isnt loading.............. any ideas please

cheers

yorky

• countrybob
    45 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 4:08 PM

Same thing here. Bet it is the browser "FLASH" issue like with chrome

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 6:15 PM

try clearing all your Browser Cache, Cookies etc

press CTRL/ SHIFT & DEL to get to this area and clear all

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 1:28 AM

YORKYBROM:

hi guys,

struggling with a browser, have downloaded comodo and set everything up so game is on desktop.. problem is i cant log in, the box on the left on opening screen with play now and log in box isnt loading.............. any ideas please

cheers

yorky

Read my post here in another thread: http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/120313/789917.aspx#789917

If you've already download Dragon, you can skip the very 1st step.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 4:09 AM

I didn't have any problems with Comodo outside of it loading a little slower than Chrome & an occasional little bit of a skippy meter. I did however take the advise of another member and download a browser called Maxthon3. So far this is the fastest and best browser I have used for wgt game play. 

The set up, a few minor settings adjustments & play screen game adjustments take a little getting used to but nothing major. One of the features not in Chrome or Comodo I really like is you can set up for it to clear your browser & cache on browser exit.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 5:02 AM

Oldbayrunner:
    One of the features not in Chrome or Comodo I really like is you can set up for it to clear your browser & cache on browser exit.

Not so. The option is under the Advanced Settings tab at the bottom of the page in the Settings. Clearing your cache every time you close your browser goes against what WGT recommends and will cause longer than normal load times until the game files are restored. 

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 5:47 AM

Ah YJ must have missed that one. Even though you are right about clearing cache the  everytime may not be what WGT recommends but my wgt meter on my computer sure likes it better.

RSS