Forums

Help › Forums

Re: money

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:25 PM (8 replies)
  • tomstp
    2 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 3:06 PM

it 's bull.  you said you can play for free, but you can't upgrade equipment so your basically screwed to participate in anything or advance.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:56 PM

u can play for free .. or u can choose to pay & upgrade .. the choice is there .. & it's yours ..

it's a business .. which needs revenue to expand ..

• Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:15 PM

Tom,

I have played this game for going on 3 yrs. & never spent a dime out of pocket! Granted I spend almost as much time searching for and doing surveys and watching videos as I do playing, but I DO! This game is worth at least that much of my time! So many people say they can't afford the equipment and balls it takes to make the game worth playing! I SAY B! S! How muchdo you want to participate or advance??? Apparently not enough to do a little work!

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:46 PM

tomstp:

it 's bull.  you said you can play for free, but you can't upgrade equipment so your basically screwed to participate in anything or advance.

No it's not free if you want to compete but it is still one of the least expensive entertainments there is. And like the previous poster said there are many ways on here to earn free credits or some of the offers that cost money might be something you would do any way. You don't have to break the bank to get the clubs and balls you need it just takes a little of your time to find the offers and surveys that get you enough credits to compete.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:53 PM

Tom - I've been here over 5 years and like Timmy I've lived off the credits for surveys and views. I've purchased five complete sets of clubs, three sets of wedges, three putters and hundreds of decent golf balls. Currently in my account I already have enough credits to purchase the top clubs, wedges and another putter or two if and when I finally level up enough to get them. All without spending a dime out of my own pocket.

• Timnator
    272 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:19 PM

I haven't spent a cent...I upgraded my driver fairly soon after I started, got a new set of clubs within a couple of months...and have enough credits now to but my next set.

Surveys...videos...offers...lather / rinse / repeat

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:21 PM

Let the games begin,MAKE YOUR CHOICE.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 8:44 PM

tomstp:

Yeah this game bites. Been playing for little over a year now, and I`m ticked too.Had to upgrade drivers 4 times, irons twice and then bought 2 new putters. And can you believe that W.G.T. had the nerve to make me do it all with free credits.The nerve of them making me constantly watch videos and do surveys, and for what? I`m sitting here right now and looking at my account , and it`s pitiful. Been doing those lousy surveys and videos again and all that I have to show for it, is a measly 2,800 stinking credits.Talk about a waste of my time.Boy I sure will be glad when they really make this a free game. Happy Swinging

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:25 PM

lonniescott711:

tomstp:

Yeah this game bites. Been playing for little over a year now, and I`m ticked too.Had to upgrade drivers 4 times, irons twice and then bought 2 new putters. And can you believe that W.G.T. had the nerve to make me do it all with free credits.

They don't..only ever bought 2 sets & 2 drivers ( 3 drivers now with L88  R11.. that's bin lashed)..same with putters  L48 1st & L77 2nd..I think buying better clubs to improve you're game is the wrong way to go about it...imo..learn the best way to approach the holes..then work out what set you need/or is best for you..??? Andy.(6 months in )

RSS