Forums

Help › Forums

Re: A strange distance putting control problem

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 12 2012 10:41 PM (6 replies)
  • kcalw
    152 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 4:10 PM

I am having trouble with the distance control on tournament speed greens, it may be happening on the other speeds to, I just having check yet.   The meter % I have always used and was very accurate now has the ball going way passed the hole, 4 to 8 feet pass. But the strange thing is that even when i subtract extra footage the ball is still going pass the hole.. The last putt was 10 feet and I figured 6 feet and the ball still went way pass the hole.

Any ideas.

• Lookingforballs
    845 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 5:44 PM

are you using the correct meter on the putter.

for tourny greens i multiply by 8  and divide by 10

15ft x 8 =120   divide by 10   =12ft

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 5:55 PM

There are two different tournament speeds, both only identified as "Tournament".  Did you wind up on the faster of the two?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 6:08 PM

hi

the other issue could be with certain holes having downslope near the hole, so it would naturally run pass the hole.

-wgticon

• kcalw
    152 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 8:38 PM

I set up a spread sheet that, over time, I wrote down the necessary meter percentage for each yardage situation. Example 15 feet elev down 0 would be 12.3 feet divide by the putter setting. I have one for tournament and Very Fast.  In the past they had both been quite reliable.

I did not know there were different tournament speeds, But that would make sense.  Is there anyway to know what Tournament speed you are on?

• Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 9:49 PM

lot quicker to just multiply bt 76%   15 x 76% =11.40 round to 12

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 10:41 PM

kcalw:

I did not know there were different tournament speeds, But that would make sense.  Is there anyway to know what Tournament speed you are on?

The faster "tournament" speed is Legend speed. So, in a MP game with a Legend involved, it will be the faster one.

As (or with) a Master and Tour Master, in ranked and MP rounds without Legends, there will be the slower "tournament" speed.

WGT also chooses between them for some tournaments, even for lower tiers. In this case it's trial and error. Period.

RSS