Forums

Help › Forums

Re: green speed

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 13 2012 6:20 AM (2 replies)
  • russellie
    668 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 5:48 AM

Why is there a variation in green speeds e.g.  Olympic is faster than Kiawah and st andies,    I know you will say they are all the same. I have had 20 ft puts on the level no breaks on all 3 greens and on st andies &  7 kiawah  a 20 ft put = 16.5 on my meter. always has. yet Olympic puts the same distance at 15.the distances shoiuld be the same on all courses unless Einstien got it wrong maybe.+

Also is it worth while getting my average down when I have to complete 400 ranked before it makes any difference !!!

thanks

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 6:01 AM

russellie:

Why is there a variation in green speeds e.g.  Olympic is faster than Kiawah and st andies,    I know you will say they are all the same. I have had 20 ft puts on the level no breaks on all 3 greens and on st andies &  7 kiawah  a 20 ft put = 16.5 on my meter. always has. yet Olympic puts the same distance at 15.the distances shoiuld be the same on all courses unless Einstien got it wrong maybe.+

Also is it worth while getting my average down when I have to complete 400 ranked before it makes any difference !!!

thanks

I think WGT programmed inherit course characteristics into the game. The greens are just faster at some courses than others.

Re: your average, I always advise to ignore it and play because you want to play. Watching some number in the top left corner of the screen that only you can see makes no sense to me at all. Have fun and hit 'em straight. :-)

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 6:20 AM

Tnx.

Nice to find a likeminded person. makes a nice change

RSS