Help › Forums

Re: Gifting balls to lower levels

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 16 2012 10:40 AM (8 replies)
  • Fortesque99
    920 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 4:32 PM

Hi there.

A CC member won a tournie in our club, and his prize is a sleeve of balls. He'd like a top level Nike ball, but he's only level 41...

Looks like I'll be able to send him a sleeve - my question is, will he be able to use it before he reaches the necessary level? eg. if I send him a sleeve that's normally unlocked at level 57, will he have to get to that level to use it, or once it's in his bag, can he use them immediately?

Cheers

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 5:44 PM

Fortesque99:
    . if I send him a sleeve that's normally unlocked at level 57, will he have to get to that level to use it, or once it's in his bag, can he use them immediately?
    You won't be able to gift them TILL he get's to that level..You can only gift @ the level of the recipient Andy

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 5:56 PM

He better get a ball he can use unless he wants to wait until he meets the ball level requirements.

-wgticon

• Fortesque99
    920 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 8:18 PM

Cheers guys.

I'll send him a sleeve more suitable to his level.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 12:47 AM

WGTicon:

He better get a ball he can use unless he wants to wait until he meets the ball level requirements.

-wgticon

so why is an item given by wgt allowed to be used ??????????????????????

see any sweepstake winner of such equipment

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 2:05 AM

What is a sweepstakes winner, aren't they people that only submit postcards to win prizes.

They don't actually play golf do they.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 2:27 AM

oilyrag:

so why is an item given by wgt allowed to be used ??????????????????????

WGT can give a release for that but they'll restrict it to their gifts.

I once got a sleeve of Legend Nikes from them and was (after an enquiry?) able to use it in lower tiers. Alas, I wasn't entitled to buy another one on the "last ball" reminder - locked item!

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 5:49 AM

alosso:

WGT can give a release for that but they'll restrict it to their gifts.

but that's just re-phrasing my question

oneeyedjohn:

What is a sweepstakes winner, aren't they people that only submit postcards to win prizes.

They don't actually play golf do they.

:)

a couple of recent winners

what's the point of level specific equipment if wgt handouts are usable at any level.

these were given out  dec / jan, so you can imagine what level they were when the items were received

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 10:40 AM

Ya, it's true..

Those were sweepstakes prizes last year and lower level guys just happened to win it. I doubt we'll be doing it anymore.

-wgticon

RSS