Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Don't Understand

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:29 AM (6 replies)
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:00 AM

Wouldn't let me post in the Tour Legend thread for some reason, so I'll try this.  Just a few observations, questions, and what will probably be perceived as gripes.

What does it take to make Tour Legend?  I don't qualify and probably never will.  Thats fine with me.  Just wondering why a buddy of mine got "promoted" to TL when the truly elite like Bollox, Dansamcam, Genorb and other gifted players are still at Legend?  In my opinion, whatever criteria is currently in use should be adjusted.

On another topic;  the marker is usually set right where the pin is.  Why does it occasionaly mysteriously move a foot or a yard off target (usually on the bad side)?  It's always a good idea to check the reverse angle, but why is it not set up for the marker to be on the pin?  Maybe another test I didn't study for.

While I'm at it, how come when you shank a shot you lose a ball, a stroke and your confidence and then have to shoot out of some ridiculous placement in the rough or weeds or from the same side of the lake you just hit?

Might as well keep going.  How does a level 40+ player with only 100 rounds rack up almost $4000 in earnings? 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:20 AM

lkennedy:
    What does it take to make Tour Legend? 

500 ranked rounds as a Legend and an average below 60. (Some Legends mysteriously got bumped up before reaching this.)

lkennedy:
    How does a level 40+ player with only 100 rounds rack up almost $4000 in earnings?

By winning one of the random draws-the prize total goes to the earnings.

• twinstack1
    95 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:26 AM

YankeeJim:

lkennedy:
    What does it take to make Tour Legend? 

500 ranked rounds as a Legend and an average below 60. (Some Legends mysteriously got bumped up before reaching this.)

lkennedy:
    How does a level 40+ player with only 100 rounds rack up almost $4000 in earnings?

By winning one of the random draws-the prize total goes to the earnings.

Not sure of this. The new level came out when I had 300 on the nose. 76 more to go before completing the addtional 100. I'll let ya know what happens at 400. Curious.

T~

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:46 AM

lkennedy:

The marker is usually set right where the pin is.  Why does it occasionaly mysteriously move a foot or a yard off target (usually on the bad side)?  It's always a good idea to check the reverse angle, but why is it not set up for the marker to be on the pin?  

If the game decides you are out of range the marker will move to where it thinks you will reach.

• lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:10 AM

Have to disagree with ya on that one.  Usually happens when close enough for Chip, Pitch, Flop, whatever.  Almost always in wrong place for contour of green.  I think it's just more sneaky WGTstuff to keep you on your toes.   Like giving you wrong putting meter or telling you the pin is 30 feet down when you can see that it's above your head.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:24 AM

The aim marker is just a 'bug.'  But, now that you are aware of it, it's of no consequence anymore.  You're going to move the marker 99% of the time anyway.

As for losing a ball, or taking a drop, I can't agree more.  WGT's default drop zones need some serious work.  By the rules of golf, I have 7 choices when I hit into a Lateral Hazard (denoted by red stakes and usually running parallel to the hole being played).  I know it slows the game down to give me 7 decisions.  But, just dropping me in the fairway, if possible, or going back my "line of flight" would help tremendously.....and wouldn't slow the game down.

Also, drop zones from Water Hazards (yellow stakes and must move to a designated drop zone) should NEVER be in the rough.  They should be on short grass somewhere, anywhere.  I think these usually are on WGT.  My issue is more with the lateral drops.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:29 AM

lkennedy:

What does it take to make Tour Legend?  I don't qualify and probably never will.  Thats fine with me.  Just wondering why a buddy of mine got "promoted" to TL when the truly elite like Bollox, Dansamcam, Genorb and other gifted players are still at Legend?  In my opinion, whatever criteria is currently in use should be adjusted.

On another topic;  the marker is usually set right where the pin is.  Why does it occasionaly mysteriously move a foot or a yard off target (usually on the bad side)?  It's always a good idea to check the reverse angle, but why is it not set up for the marker to be on the pin?  Maybe another test I didn't study for.

While I'm at it, how come when you shank a shot you lose a ball, a stroke and your confidence and then have to shoot out of some ridiculous placement in the rough or weeds or from the same side of the lake you just hit?

TL: Legends must play at least 100 rounds from Aug 2 (so they say), maybe some don't play that much every day?

Marker: Have noticed this, too. Consider it a fault in mapping, another thing to be aware of.

Dropping: The Rules of Golf concerning dropping say that you must keep the hazard (water) between your ball and the hole. They are programmed into this game - partly. Therefore we have no choice where to drop and the program sometimes searches odd spots in bad lies.

RSS