Help › Forums

Re: What defines a "Hack"?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:15 PM (5 replies)
  • Shandrillar
    12 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:45 AM

Hey guys,

I'm new to the game, and loving it thus far. I am still in the "hack" category (I can live with that... I still stink), but I am wondering how one levels up into the amateur status, pro, etc etc.

I can't find any explanations on the levels.

Thanks,

Shandrillar

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:32 AM

I think I changed when my average reached 80.

• nyctc7
    160 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:07 AM

Keep in mind that only ranked (not practice) rounds of stroke play games affects your average and tier. So blitz, closest-to-the-hole, match play will not affect your average or tier. 

Moving up requires a certain number of ranked rounds at one's current tier, plus achieving a certain average.  

You have only 1 ranked round.

• rmpor
    71 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:59 AM

If you go to FAQ HOME>>>>>>>>>>>>

It will answer a lot of questions for you. The catogoiesare all broken down and are quite helpful. Your fellow golfers on here are a big help as well, if you need to know something they are more than willng to help you out. (of course there are some idiots that will give you a stupid or dumb answer just to hear themselves talk) and you'll see them in these forums quite alot and learn who they are, but they a only the few. Most of the the guys are staight up and willing to help. One of the most informitive is Yankee Jim his advice can be taken to the bank. Very knowleable and very wlling to help.(one to listen to) But also the FAQ section will answer most of your questions, as most have been asked and answered many times. Just enjoy the game and the guys on here and remember thats "its just a game" takes some work and practice but can prvide a lot of fun. Hit them long and clean.

Dick

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 11:44 AM

Shandrillar:

I'm new to the game, and loving it thus far. I am still in the "hack" category (I can live with that... I still stink), but I am wondering how one levels up into the amateur status, pro, etc etc.

I can't find any explanations on the levels.

Tiers are "Hack", "Amateur", related to the playing average.

Levels are numbers, 1 to 115 (until now), related to eXperience Points (XPs).

See "Changing Tiers" over there ==>

Explains tiers and - after that - levels.

• Shandrillar
    12 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:15 PM

Thank you all for the helpful advice.

May your drives ever find the short grass!

RSS