Forums

Help › Forums

Re: rename replays

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 5 2012 4:51 PM (5 replies)
  • Mamakey9
    22 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 3:38 PM

I would like to do if there is a way to rename your replays you saved...for example if you made a mistake naming it or if you forgot to give it a description...Thanks!!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 3:58 PM

No there isn't.

You might mail the replay to yourself and publish it in your blog - renaming and resorting at any time, and no restriction to 10.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 5:20 PM

alosso:

No there isn't.

You might mail the replay to yourself and publish it in your blog - renaming and resorting at any time, and no restriction to 10.

You can also SHARE your replay, select COPY down at the bottom then paste it in the blog. 

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=82459305-fc1b-4942-95ce-a0c20000f0a2

As far as renaming the replay once it's in your blog you can

• title the blog to describe the replay
    • add a description before or after you paste the link
    • edit the HTML

To edit the HTML  select the HTML button (right side next to spell check)

below is the example of the replay I have above...you need to find the section between  the arrows      > this section of text </a></p>  erase that section and name it what you want

p><a href="http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=82459305-fc1b-4942-95ce-a0c20000f0a2">Oh so close but no cigar</a></p>

then it comes out like this:

Oh so close but no cigar

Hope this helped.  I'm sure someone else could explain it better.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:04 AM

Thx for expanding.

Instead of "HTML edit" it's possible to write the new text into the old green text. Be sure that it becomes green (or blue in edit mode, as a link reference) too and then delete the old text.

Example:

Oh so close but no cigar

=> Oh so beautifulclose but no cigar

=> Oh so beautiful but no cigar

• Mamakey9
    22 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 4:31 AM

thanks guys....I think it would be a lot easier if  WGT would add a "rename" option along with the:   view / share / delete...I mean how hard would it be to add "rename"

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 4:51 PM

alosso:

Instead of "HTML edit" it's possible to write the new text into the old green text. Be sure that it becomes green (or blue in edit mode, as a link reference) too and then delete the old text.

Duh...So much easier.  Thanks.

Mamakey9:

thanks guys....I think it would be a lot easier if  WGT would add a "rename" option along with the:   view / share / delete...I mean how hard would it be to add "rename"

I'll have to agree with you there.  It probably has to do with where the file is being stored.  Same reason (more or less) you can't change your profile or country club name once it's created.

RSS