Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Average Score

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 8 2012 12:59 PM (7 replies)
  • DMac357
    2 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:28 PM

How is the average score computed?  Is it an average of all your scores or scores over a certain period of time?  It seems like my average score only changes like once a week, regardless of how many times I play in a week. 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 10:02 AM

hi

it's an average score over many many rounds. it does reset when you reach new tier though.

-wgticon

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 10:28 AM

After a certain number of rounds at a tier it is not an average score of all rounds. It is only an average of a certain number of the best rounds you have recorded at that tier. Once you reach that certain number of rounds the "average" can only go down, not up.

It disregards recent history as part of the calculation, meaning a score you posted 2 years ago might be included in that "average" even though you haven't been able to duplicate it in 100s or 1000s of rounds since.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 10:51 AM

DMac357:

How is the average score computed?  Is it an average of all your scores or scores over a certain period of time?  It seems like my average score only changes like once a week, regardless of how many times I play in a week. 

Only ranked strokeplay rounds count, as displayed in your score history between the Blitz and CTTH results.

After so many rounds as a Master, your average will be almost saturated. There are only quite good scores in it and it will only change if one of those is replaced by a better one.

Do you remember how much the average dropped after the 32 you played yesterday?

The 32 is doubled to 64 for average calculation, and if you add 1 for each .25 .025 of drop, you have the score which was eliminated. E.g. a 1.3 .13 strokes drop would be 5x .25 .025 (rounded), and a 69 would be the (formerly?) highest score from your average, now replaced by that 64. Consequently, no 69 or higher would ever be able to influence your Master average.

BTW, the highest score in my average when I finally became Tour Master was 66, more of them (30) outside the calculation than inside (24).

Hit it straight!

• Blade7658
    452 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 12:44 PM

As a master your lowest 40 ranked rounds count towards your average. When you hit 63, you will be a TM.

• borntobesting
    9,687 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 1:24 PM

WGTicon:

hi

it's an average score over many many rounds. it does reset when you reach new tier though.

-wgticon

Icon I am just a little confused about the averages now. Since I hit my 100 rounds since the Tour Legend tier was introduced my average is dropping even if I shoot 2 or 3 strokes over my average. For instance I was at 65.25 and shot a 68 and it dropped from 65.25 to 65.24. Sure not a big drop but a round almost 3 strokes over your average shouldn't make it drop. 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 2:03 PM

Happens if there's a 73 or 37=74 in the mix of these 100, which is natural when you recently hit the number,

RSS